Semolina and cheese cake – knafeh bi jibneh. Basbousa is a traditional Egyptian – middle eastern sweet cake. Basically Basbousa (also known as revani or harissa) cake is a semolina cake with coconut. Popular throughout the Levant, this syrup-soaked cheese dessert is commonly encased with kataifi pastry, but this recipe from Sydney's modern Lebanese restaurant Embers Mezze Bar uses a crushed Corn Flakes and semolina mixture instead.
Typically, cheese kunafa, like Nabulsia or knafeh bil jibn, are filled with Arabic cheeses with melting Layer the cheese between Semolina Pudding. I ran into this genius solution while searching for It really depends on the type of pan you use and your oven. I use a light weight aluminum cake pan and. You can cook Semolina and cheese cake – knafeh bi jibneh using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Semolina and cheese cake – knafeh bi jibneh
- You need 500 g of knafeh dough, or mafroukeh.
- It’s 500 g of akkawi cheese, if available, or any other unsalted white cheese like mozzarella.
- You need 1/2 cup of fine semolina, ferkha flour.
- Prepare 200 g of butter.
- You need of – For the sugar syrup:.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
A gloriously creamy and moist semolina cake, stuffed with luscious cream drizzled with syrup then topped with nuts. Basbousa is an Egyptian semolina cake widely spread and loved throughout the Middle East. It is made with semolina, yogurt, butter or ghee and sometimes coconut. For the cake, mix the semolina, sugar, flour, ground almonds, baking powder and orange zest together in a bowl until well combined.
Semolina and cheese cake – knafeh bi jibneh instructions
- To get a completely unsalted cheese, soak in water for 24 hr. Make sure to change the water 4 to 5 times..
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 min until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- Spread the knafeh dough in a 35 cm diameter baking pan forming a layer of around 1.5 cm in thickness. Bake the dough in the oven at medium heat, until the bottom and the side of the dough turn golden in color..
- Cut the cheese in small cubes and place them in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the water oozes out. Discard the water..
- Add in the fine semolina and ½ cup of the syrup and mix. When the cheese mixture starts boiling, remove from heat and pour over the baked knafeh dough..
- Place a large serving tray over the knafeh pan and turn the pan upside down. Let the knafeh drop on the serving tray while slowly removing the pan..
- Cut the knafeh into square pieces and serve warm with sugar syrup..
Gradually stir in the melted butter and milk until you have a smooth batter. Yes Sugee Cake or Semolina Cake is my favorite cake! The cake is moist and not too sweet. I'm definitely going to make it again only next time I plan on adding poppy seeds to the batter and leaving the top with only almonds. Knafeh Knafeh or kunafa is aflat platter usually made with semolina dough(farek) and a filling of melted gooey cheese or clotted cream.
Living Greener for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods One good thing about adopting a green lifestyle is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is attainable regardless of how filled and frantic your life is. We have to get back to where it was a better idea to avoid disease in the first place. A lot of individuals think nothing of not taking care of their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. It’s impossible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the newest pill to deal with your health problems. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike buying a car, you won’t be able to exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You must look after your health while you are able to. Your body requires proper nutrients to operate at its most effective levels. Do you eat because something is available and you like the taste or do you go for nutritious foods? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food place or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that most people consume, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. The food products we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. People are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food shops. These days, you can find an organic food section in virtually all grocery stores. In the organic food section, you’ll see the superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to delay or reverse some diseases. Consuming these foods will . As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how well you will soon feel. Your body will begin to work as it is supposed to when you supply it with the correct nutrition. When this happens, your immune system will easily fend off health conditions. Your daily diet must include at least a few of these super foods. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, especially blueberries. Then, add several veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, together with a mix of nuts, mainly walnuts. Moreover, you need to eat yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Adopting a green living diet plan will offer you just what you need to become healthy and fit. Your body will become disease free as your immune system gets healthier. You can anticipate a healthy future by altering your food choices today.