Sweet Potato Pie. For this lovely pie, sweet potatoes are boiled, peeled and mashed together with butter, sugar, milk and eggs, then seasoned with nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Sweet potato pie is a traditional dessert, originating in the Southern United States. It is often served during the American holiday season, especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas in place of pumpkin pie, which is more traditional in other regions of the United States.
Sweet potato pies are savory and sweet, with a creamy, hearty texture to boot. The whole thing is Can't decide between sweet potato and pecan pie? This homemade sweet potato pie is sweetened solely with dark brown sugar and flavored with warm fall spices. You can have Sweet Potato Pie using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Pie
- It’s 4 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of butter favored shortening.
- Prepare 3 tbl of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of ice water.
- Prepare 2 cups of sweet potatoes (2 medium potatoes).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ginger.
- You need 1 tbl of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
It sits atop a buttery homemade pie crust. A sweet potato pie to accompany your sweet potato casserole at Thanksgiving. Sweet potatoes are sweeter than pumpkins, and though the pies are usually made in the same way with eggs, cream or evaporated milk, and pie spices, sweet potato pie tends to be lighter, airier, and. Sweet potato pie is a Southern staple, fragrant with cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
Sweet Potato Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. FIRST SIX INGREDIENTS BELONG TO THE CRUST !!!.
- In a large bowl add flour and shortening bring it together..
- Add sugar and salt. Mix the egg with the ice water..
- Pour the egg mixture into the crust and combine..
- Flour a surface and bring the crust into a ball, then decide into two balls. Roll out ball to about 1/4 inch thick and place into a deep dish pie pan, pressing it in with your hands. Refrigerate the other ball until needed..
- Place sweet potatoes in oven for about 45 minutes at 425 degrees after pricking them with a fork a few times..
- When done remove skin and place in a large bowl breaking it down with a fork then using a mixer until creamy and smooth..
- Add butter and seasonings and mix together again..
- Taste before adding eggs !!!!.
- Add eggs, mix again then pour into prepared pie pan. Bake for 55 minutes..
- Let cool for 30 minutes. ENJOY.
Most versions pair roasted sweet potatoes with evaporated milk, but my DIY approach simmers them with whole spices. My sweet potato pie recipe is sweet, creamy and perfectly spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of cloves. It's in a basic pie crust and uses baked sweet potatoes to keep it extra moist and easy to. Sweet Potato Pie Recipe Make a traditional sweet potato pie recipe even easier by using a Sweet-Potato Meringue Pie Recipe This sweet-potato pie looks like a pumpkin pie, but the filling is. A lightened-up sweet potato pie recipe, perfect for Thanksgiving.
Going Green for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods One terrific feature of going green is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Even with the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We have to take a step back and fix diseases before they come about. Regrettably, almost all people don’t worry about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem instantly. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike purchasing a new car, you won’t be able to exchange your worn out body for a new one. You mustn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take goood care of yourself. Your body requires proper nutrients to run at its best levels. Do you eat because food is available and you love the taste or do you decided to eat nutritional foods? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food joints? Because most people choose to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. The foods we are consuming cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. Many people are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Lots of nutritious food can now be found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. These days, you can find an organic food area in just about all grocery stores. This section is full of what are now acknowledged as superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious maladies. By ingesting these foods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. Your body will begin to run as it was meant to when you give it the correct nutrition. When this happens, your immune system will easily ward off illnesses. Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your diet every day. Why not eat several beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Include whole cereals and nuts. Additionally, you need to eat yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t have to worry about gaining weight again. Adopting a green living meal plan will give you exactly what you need to be healthy. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can become disease free. You can look forward to a healthy future by changing your food choices right now.