Caramel pudding (steam method). Bake or steam the pudding according to one of the methods below. The pudding is ready if a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean. Make sure that the water doesn't cover the ramekins; if it does, pour some water out.
It's an easy and versatile dessert which can be a crowd-pleaser at any party or get together. Kids will love this as adults. Caramel custard (pudding) is the Indian name of flan or creme caramel or caramel leche. You can have Caramel pudding (steam method) using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramel pudding (steam method)
- It’s 6 of eggs.
- You need 1.5 cups of Milk.
- It’s 8 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 5 tsp of sugar for caramel.
It is also called caramel egg pudding in India. It's made by coating the bottom of a dish with caramel, pouring custard on top followed by baking or steaming. After demoulding the caramel sauce comes on top. Caramel custard pudding/ Caramel custard flan is a delicious wiggly jiggly dessert consisting of soft custard topped with caramel that is usually made in oven.
Caramel pudding (steam method) step by step
- Blend eggs, sugar and milk together in a blender..
- Take a big vessel and take little water just till a few centimetres above the bottom. Boil it properly..
- Take another flat bottom vessel that can easily fit inside the bigger vessel..
- Hold that vessel on a medium flame with a holder and heat the bottom. Add 5 tsp sugar till it melts and starts changing colour to brown..
- During the process keep rotating the vessel so that the caramelised sugar spreads evenly at the bottom of the vessel..
- Pour the mixture of milk, eggs and sugar to it. Place the vessel directly inside the larger vessel in which the water is boiling..
- Cover the lid of the smaller vessel and then cover the lid of the larger vessel..
- Keep the flame on medium to high and let it steam for 20 mins..
- After 20-25 mins switch off the flame and open the lid. Take the vessel out of the larger vessel and let it cool down a bit or use mittens to flip the vessel on a plate (do it by placing the plate on the top of the vessel in which pudding has been cooked and just turn it upside down so that the entire pudding comes out at once without breaking).
To make it more easy for everyone I thought to try this pudding recipe in stove top method or steamed version using idli steamer that is usually available in most of the Indian kitchen. Remove from heat; carefully pour in the water all at once (mixture will boil). Caramel Pudding Hello Friends, Today, I am sharing with you all my mom's recipe for Caramel Pudding. I remember when I was little, and whenever my mom use to make this recipe, I just used to go and check the refrigerator every now and then just to see if the pudding was set, so I could eat it. Pour into the prepared caramel coated pan, lightly cover it, and it is ready to be steamed.
Going Green for Good Health By Eating Superfoods One of the best points of green living is to slow down and enjoy life. It is possible to do this, even in this busy world we live in. We should take a step back and prevent diseases before they occur. Alas, most people don’t worry about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. Naturally, a number of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Unlike the car buying process, you won’t be able to exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You should learn how to take care of your body before it is too late. Your body cannot function correctly if it does not get adequate nutrition. Do you eat because food is available and you enjoy the taste or do you go for foods that are good for you? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Eating sugar and starches, and greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a lot others, probably triggered by the foods that are eaten. A lot of people are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Healthy food is now being sold at local grocery and health food stores. Almost all grocery stores now carry organic foods. This food section has what are today known as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to retard certain diseases, or even overturn them. By eating these superfoods, your body will more fit. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how healthy you will soon feel. Your body will begin to work as it was meant to when you provide it with the correct nutrition. When this happens, the immune system can fight off any disease. Your daily diet have to include at least several of these super foods. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, especially blueberries. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole grains and nuts. Additionally, you have to eat yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will get rid of your weight gain problems. Adopting a green living eating plan will give you precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. You will find that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.