Auntie Janes Caramel Shortcake. Once base is cool, place the brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan and melt. Pour the caramel onto the shortbread base and leave to set for an hour in the fridge. Once set, melt the milk chocolate and pour over the caramel – melt the white chocolate and pour over too – swirl it into the milk chocolate with the end of a cake skewer so it forms a pretty pattern.
Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and melt, stirring continuously until the mixture is well combined, then spread on top of the caramel layer. Janes Hut Cakes is a home bakery for delicious handmade cakes and cupcakes in a wide varierty of flavours. Have a look at our wonder menu of cakes for you to choose from. You can have Auntie Janes Caramel Shortcake using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Auntie Janes Caramel Shortcake
- Prepare of Shortbread Base.
- It’s 150 grams of Self Raising Flour.
- You need 25 grams of Cornflour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 50 grams of Icing Sugar.
- You need 150 grams of unsalted butter.
- It’s of Caramel.
- You need 1 can of Condensed Milk.
- It’s 150 grams of brown sugar.
- Prepare 150 grams of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Chocolate topping.
- You need 300 grams of Milk Chocolate.
- You need 25 grams of unsalted butter.
For Caramel Layer Whisk the sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, butter, golden syrup, vanilla and salt together in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, the butter melts and the mixture comes to a boil. Continually stir with a spatula to make sure no sugar sticks to the bottom of the pan. (This can leave brown specks in the caramel but won't affect the flavour.) To make the caramel filling, combine the dulce de leche, butter and sugar in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Whisking the mixture, bring to the boil (be careful as the mixture will be extremely hot). Pour evenly over the biscuit base, cover and leave to set for at least four hours or overnight at room temperature.
Auntie Janes Caramel Shortcake instructions
- Set oven at a cool heat, gas mark 1, 140°C (120°C, fan)..
- Place ingrediants for Shortbread base in bowl and rub in butter to make a crumb mix.
- Spread shortbread base over the base of a greased baking tray.
- Place shortbread base in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown..
- Allow base to cool, it usually takes 15 to 30 minutes to cool completely..
- Once base is cool, place the brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan and melt..
- Once sugar and butter have melted add the condensed milk and boil rapidly for 2 minutes. Whisk when boiling..
- Remove caramel from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes then stir in the salt..
- Spread the caramel over the shortbread base. Then place in fridge to cool..
- Once the caramel is cool, melt chocolate and butter. Best to do this with chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of boiling water..
- Once the chocolate is melted spread it over the caramel and allow to set..
- Once set you can cut the Caramel Shortcake into squares..
Pour the caramel onto the shortbread base and leave to set for an hour in the fridge. Once set, melt the chocolate orange and pour over the caramel – melt the white chocolate and mix with a little orange food colouring and swirl it into the chocolate orange with the end of a cake skewer so it forms a pretty pattern or just drizzle it over. For the caramel: While the shortbread is baking, pour the condensed milk, syrup, sugar and butter into a saucepan. Cook over a low heat, stirring all the time. This takes a while but has to be done carefully otherwise it will stick to the pan and burn.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of going green that numerous people appreciate. In spite of the fast pace of our modern world, you can accomplish this. We have to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Alas, just about people don’t concern themselves about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. You can’t turn around without seeing advertisements about the latest pill to treat your health problems. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. When your body stops working right, you won’t be able to get a brand new body. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take goood care of yourself. Your body cannot work properly if it doesn’t have the right nutrition. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or only eat whatever tastes good at the time? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? Because most people opt to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. The foods we are consuming cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. A lot of people are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Nowadays it is so easy to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food area. This food section has what are today acknowledged as superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious health conditions. You will observe that you think more clearly when you start to ingest these superfoods. You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you opt to ingest the superfoods instead of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will allow it to function well. As a result, it will help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. Your daily diet should contain at least several of these super foods. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole cereals are a few other essentials. In addition, you have to have yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t ever have to worry about your weight again. Following a green living meal plan will provide you with precisely what you need to be healthy. You will see that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.