Welsh Cawl in a Slow Cooker.
You can have Welsh Cawl in a Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Welsh Cawl in a Slow Cooker
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 5 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 500 g of lamb shoulder.
- You need 5 of potatoes.
- It’s 3 of leeks.
- You need 3 of carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 of swede portion.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of lamb or vegetable stock cube.
- You need 2 tbsp of Worcester sauce.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Boiled water.
- It’s 4-6 of crusty rolls (to serve).
- It’s 100 g of cheddar cheese (to serve).
Welsh Cawl in a Slow Cooker step by step
- Add olive oil, onion and garlic to a fry pan and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Add frying pan contents to slow cooker..
- Season the lamb then coat in plain flour..
- Pan fry the lamb till all sides are nicely brown..
- Add the lamb to the slow cooker..
- Chop potatoes, carrots, swede and leeks (preferably chunky) and add to slow cooker..
- Grind stock cube with fingers and sprinkle in the slow cooker..
- Add boiling water to slow cooker to cover 3/4 of the contents..
- Add bay leaf, Worcester sauce and additional seasoning..
- Stir, turn on high and cook for at least 3 hours, the longer the better..
- Serve with crusty roll and cheddar cheese..
Living Greener for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods One terrific feature of green living is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to attain this, even in this busy world we live in. We need to get back to where it was a better idea to avoid disease in the first place. Regrettably, just about people don’t concern themselves about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. You can’t turn around without seeing advertisements about the newest pill to cure you of your health problems. Of course, some of these pills do help but only if you couple them with lifestyle changes. Once your body wears out, you won’t be able to trade it in for a new one, like your car. You need to take care of your body while you are able to. Your body needs proper nutrients to run at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what goes into your mouth is beneficial for you? Do you typically eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food joints? As people choose to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. The foods we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food shops. In all probability, your local grocery store now has an organic food section. This aisl is full of what are today acknowledged as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to retard some diseases, or even reverse them. You will find that you think more clearly when you consume these foods. You will start to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to ingest the superfoods instead of junk food. Your body will begin to work as it is supposed to when you supply it with the right nutrition. When this happens, it will help your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. You should include a number of superfoods in your diet each day. Why not include a few beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, plus a variety of nuts, primarily walnuts. See to it that you include proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By consuming these superfoods daily, you should get rid of any weight problems. Adopting a green living eating plan will offer you precisely what you need to be healthy. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can ward off diseases. Prepare for an awesome future by modifying your eating habits right now.