Caramel Rusks. Knock down the dough and then shape into balls. This is the first in my series of caramel rusk recipes. If you heat it too much and it looks like the caramel is about to burn, place the pan on a wet cloth and let it cool.
Put the bread into the baking sheet. There was no way I was not going to bake Tannie Maria's Muesli Buttermilk Rusks. After all, they are one of the main characters in the wonderful murder mystery by Sally Andrew called Recipes for Love and Murder. You can cook Caramel Rusks using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caramel Rusks
- Prepare of Rusks.
- It’s 1/2 of baguette French bread.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare of Caramel.
- It’s 50 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 50 grams of Heavy cream.
They're twice-cooked (meaning they are baked first and then cut into their shapes and placed back into the oven to dry out at a very low temperature – overnight is best). Heat the condensed milk, milk and butter/margarine and sugar together. No need to wait for oven to cool down, just lower temp and place the separated rusks back into the oven. ENJOY dunked in a cuppa or just eat crispy!
Caramel Rusks instructions
- Thinly slice the baguette and bake for 15 minutes in the oven at 130℃..
- Mix the butter and granulated sugar together. Spread it on the bread slices, and bake at 130℃ for another 15 minutes..
- Melt the sugar over medium heat until it turns a deep amber..
- Heat the heavy cream in the microwave until just before boiling point. Add one tablespoon of the cream to the sugar from Step 3 and mix..
- Stir in the rest of the cream in small batches. When it's all mixed in, bring it to the boil..
- Stop the heat and mix it again. Let it cool as you mix..
- Continue until it is firm enough to draw patterns with..
- Pour it on top of the rusks from Step 1..
- When the caramel has hardened, they're done..
- If you let it chill to the extent shown, it will be difficult to draw patterns. If this happens, heat it and return to Step 6..
- It becomes a crunchy caramel candy when hardened..
The finished rusks should be very dry and hard. Cool and store in an airtight container. Add the buttermilk and melted butter to the eggs and sugar mixture and mix well. Add all the dry ingredients and mix together well. Now add the muesli, seeds and raisins and mix again to distribute well.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green For Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of green living that numerous folks appreciate. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this hectic world we live in. We should take a step back and prevent diseases before they occur. Too many people have the attitude of destroying the body today, and mend it with a pill tomorrow. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem instantly. Of course, some of these pills do help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. When your body ceases to function properly, you can’t get a new body. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take care of your health. Your body cannot run properly if it does not receive the right nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what goes into your mouth is healthy for you? Do you typically eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food restaurants? As most people decide to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. The foods we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Today it is a lot easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Almost all grocery stores now have organic foods. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to retard some diseases, or even overturn them. You will observe that you think more clearly when you ingest these foods. You will start to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to eat the superfoods rather than junk food. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to work. When this happens, the immune system can fight off any malady. You must include several superfoods in your diet daily. Why not include several beans or blueberries? Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, plus a mix of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Furthermore, you should have yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. When you consume these superfoods regularly, you should not have to worry about any problems with gaining weight. Green living offers you a good eating plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body is likely to ward off diseases. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits today.