Eggplant Fritters. These easy eggplant fritters can be deep-fried or cooked in a smaller amount of oil in a skillet. Serve these tasty eggplant fritters with salsa or a Creole-style sauce. Pan-fried eggplant fritters result in a lighter fritter that still has big flavor with crunchy texture on the outside and moist mushy interior.
They are bursting with flavors and have a delicious, crunchy texture! Serve them with a mashed potatoes side and you're in for a treat! To make these Eggplant Fritters, start by rinsing the eggplant under cold water, remove the top and bottom; then grate the eggplant using a hand grater or food processor with the grater attachment. You can cook Eggplant Fritters using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Fritters
- It’s of medium eggplants (brinjals).
- You need of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of chilli powder.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of gram flour (besan).
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of corn flour.
- It’s of sesame seeds.
- Prepare of corn flakes crushed+ 1 tbsp sesame seeds for coating.
- Prepare of oil for deep frying.
I grew up eating this delicious treat made by my mom and a classic Dominican dish. Very easy to make and because. Eggplant Fritters. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Heat oil in large frying pan, cook fritters, in batches, until browned both sides.
Eggplant Fritters instructions
- First of all cut the eggplants into rounds having 0.5 cm thickness and immerse them in water..
- Drain the water and take the eggplant slices in a plate. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp chilli powder and a pinch of salt over them. Mix and coat the spices evenly all over the eggplant slices. Keep them aside..
- In a bowl add gram flour, all-purpose flour, corn flour, sesame seeds, salt to taste and rest of the turmeric powder & chilli powder. Add some water and whisk to make a batter of spoon coating consistency..
- Now dip the eggplant slices into the above prepared batter. Coat them well with the corn flakes-sesame seeds mix placed on a flat plate..
- Deep fry them in hot oil over a slow-medium heat till they turn golden brown and crisp..
- Remove them to an absorbent paper..
- Serve them hot as aside dish..
Find eggplant fritters stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. These elegant eggplant fritters are simple to make, ready in a flash, and exceptionally delicious. The tender eggplant is battered in a light gram flour batter and then deep fried until they are soft and. I love eggplant and these fritters are just delightful. Place eggplant in a bowl and mix with feta, green onions, dill, parsley, eggs, flour.