Leftover Mashed Potato Croquettes with Cheese & Green Onions.
You can cook Leftover Mashed Potato Croquettes with Cheese & Green Onions using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Leftover Mashed Potato Croquettes with Cheese & Green Onions
- It’s of For the croquettes:.
- You need 2 cups of mashed potatoes (firmly packed).
- You need 1/4 cup of flour for the croquettes.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/2-2/3 cup of grated cheese (such as Cheddar, Jack, Mozzarella, Colby Jack).
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 of large green onion, chopped (white parts, too).
- You need of For coating and frying:.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil.
Leftover Mashed Potato Croquettes with Cheese & Green Onions instructions
- Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. (Try to sprinkle the salt evenly over the entire surface area of the mashed potatoes so you don't accidentally get a super salty bite.).
- Get in with your hands (or a wooden spoon or spatula if you're not a handsy person) and mix everything thoroughly..
- Divide batter into 4 equal parts and form each fourth into a roughly 4.5 inch diameter patty..
- Heat the 1/4 cup oil in a fry pan to medium high..
- While the oil is heating, coat the patties on all sides with a little bit of flour..
- Fry the croquettes, two at a time, for 4 to 5 minutes per side. You'll know the oil's ready if you hear a gentle sizzle when you throw a pinch of flour into the pan. If you don't see that flour cooking and hear it sizzling right away, your oil's not hot enough yet and you should wait, otherwise your croquettes won't sear immediately, and they'll absorb too much oil and be greasy. If the croquettes are browning too much before the 3.5 minute mark, turn the heat down a touch..
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One terrific thing about going green is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is attainable no matter how filled and hectic your life is. We have to get back to where it was a lot better to prevent disease in the first place. Regrettably, almost all people don’t trouble themselves about their health because they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It isn’t possible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the newest pill to deal with your health problems. Naturally, some of these pills can help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Unlike purchasing a new car, you won’t be able to trade in your burnt-out body for a new one. You mustn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of your body. Your body cannot function properly if it does not have adequate nutrition. Do you eat because food is available and you enjoy what they taste or do you go for nutritious foods? Do you regularly eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food joints? As a lot of folks decide to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. More and more folks are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases due to the foods they ingest. People are opting to eat better now that they are aware of how important food choices are to their health. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food stores. Majority of grocery stores now sell organic foods. This section is full of what are now acknowledged as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to slow down some diseases, or even overturn them. You will discover that you think more clearly when you consume these superfoods. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an amazing increase in how good you feel. Your body will begin to function as it is supposed to when you supply it with the proper nutrition. When this happens, your immune system will easily fend off health conditions. You need to include a few superfoods in your diet everyday. To start with, beans are great, and berries, in particular blueberries. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Add in whole grains and nuts. Furthermore, you may wish to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat these superfoods, you will never have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy good health when you opt to eat the green living way. You will find that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fight against disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits today.