You can cook Nutella Babka using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nutella Babka
- You need 1 cup of + 2 Tablespoons (270ml) whole milk, divided*.
- It’s 2 of and 1/4 teaspoons active dry or instant yeast (1 standard size.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (100 g) of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup (115 g) of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- You need 2 of large eggs, at room temperature and divided.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 4 of and 1/4 cups (530g) all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting.
- It’s 2 cups (600 g) of Nutella, divided.
Nutella Babka step by step
- Make the dough: Heat 1 cup of milk to about 35°C. You can use the microwave or stovetop. Pour the warm milk into the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment (or you can use a handheld mixer or no mixer, but a stand mixer is ideal). Manually whisk in the yeast and 2 teaspoons of the granulated sugar. Cover the bowl with a clean towel. The mixture should be frothy and foamy after 5 minutes..
- On low speed, beat in the remaining sugar and the softened butter until butter is slightly broken up. Next beat in 1 whole egg plus 1 egg yolk (reserve the egg white) and the salt. The butter won’t really be mixing in, so don’t be alarmed if it stays in pieces. On low speed, gradually add the flour. Once it is all added, beat on medium speed until a soft dough forms, about 1 minute..
- Increase speed to medium-high and beat until the dough is soft and supple and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, about 6 minutes. If you do not have a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, knead the dough by hand in this step..
- Turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a ball. Place into a large greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. (I just use the same mixing bowl that I made the dough in– remove the dough, grease it with nonstick spray or olive oil, put the dough back in.) Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in a warm environment to rise until doubled, about 90 minutes. For this warm environment, I preheat the oven to 93°C then turn the oven off and place the bowl inside the warm-ish.
- Once doubled in size, punch down the dough to release any air bubbles. Remove dough from the bowl and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down again to release any more air bubbles if needed. Using a sharp knife or dough scraper, cut dough in half. Work with only half of the dough at a time. Place a clean towel over the dough you aren’t working with..
- Generously grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans with butter or nonstick spray..
- Shape the babka: On a lightly floured work surface, roll one dough half out into a 9×13 inch rectangle (approximately). Spread with 1 cup of Nutella, leaving a 1/2 inch border uncovered..
- Tightly roll the dough into a 13-inch log. Place the log on its seam. Using a sharp knife, cut the log in half lengthwise. I find a serrated knife works best. Criss-cross one half, cut side down, on top of the other half– forming an X. Twist the two together. Place in prepared loaf pan and cover with a clean towel. Repeat with 2nd half of dough. This step can get a little messy!.
- Preheat the oven to 177°C.
- Whisk the remaining 2 Tablespoons of milk with the leftover egg white. This is your egg wash. Using a pastry brush, brush the babka loaves with egg wash. Do the best you can as some Nutella is exposed..
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until babka is golden brown on top. Remove from the oven, place each pan on a wire rack, and allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving..
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green For Better Health One of the best points of going green is to slow down and revel in life. This is achievable no matter how busy and frenzied your life is. We have to go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Most folks think nothing of mistreating their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. It’s impossible to turn around without hearing about the latest pill to treat your health problems. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a few essential changes in your life. Unlike the car buying process, you can’t exchange your worn out body for a new one. You have to take care of yourself while you can. Your body needs proper nutrients to function at its most effective levels. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or only eat whatever tastes good at the time? How often do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or get junk food at the local convenience store? As a lot of folks choose to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and several others, likely induced by the foods that are ingested. A lot of people are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Nowadays it is a lot easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Today, you can find an organic food aisle in virtually all grocery stores. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been found to delay or reverse some illnesses. Ingesting these foods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. You will start to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to consume the superfoods instead of junk food. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to run. When this happens, the immune system is better able to fight off any malady. Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Why not add several beans or blueberries? Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are a few other foods to include. Moreover, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you consume these superfoods on a regular basis, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. Adopting a green living eating plan will provide you with just what you need for good health. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits today.