Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter.
You can cook Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter
- It’s 2 pounds of purple sweet potatoes (about 3-4 medium potatoes).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried sage.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of flour plus extra for dusting.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of fresh sage chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese.
Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 and roast sweet potatoes until tender. About 30-40 min..
- Remove skin from potatoes and mash insides with a fork or potato masher. Once mashed, you must allow the potatoes to completely cook. You can put the potatoes in the refrigerator or freezer to speed the cooling process..
- Pour the flour onto a clean dry countertop and shape it into a ring..
- Crack eggs into the center of the ring and beat with a fork. Do not mix any of the flour into the egg mixture as this time. Add the dried sage, nutmeg, and salt to the eggs..
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes to the egg mixture and combine..
- Using your hands, slowly start to mix the flour into the potato mixture. Gently Knead the dough until well combined and no longer sticky. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour..
- Dust flour on the countertop, roll dough into large ball, and cut ball into four pieces..
- Roll each quarter into long strands approximately 1 inch in diameter..
- Cut gnocchi into 1 inch cubes and separate on baking sheet. Do not allow gnocchi to touch as they will likely stick together..
- At this point you can either put baking tray in freezer to freeze gnocchi for later use, or boil water for immediate use..
- Add gnocchi to boiled salted water and cook until they rise to the top. About 2-3 minutes..
- Drain pot and reserve about a 1/4 cup of the pasta water..
- Add butter to a large saucepan and melt. Once butter starts to foam, add fresh sage and fry until crispy. When butter starts to brown (make sure it doesn’t burn) add the pasta water and stir. The pasta water should thicken the butter and make the sauce creamier..
- Add gnocchi to pan and stir to coat with butter sauce. Once combined, remove gnocchi from pan and top with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One of the greatest reasons for adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to attain this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We must return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. The majority of folks think nothing of not taking care of their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. It isn’t possible to turn around without hearing about the newest pill to treat your health problems. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make some needed alterations in your life. Unlike the car buying process, you can’t exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You must learn how to take care of it as early as possible. Your body has to have the right nutrients to function at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are putting in your mouth is beneficial for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food restaurants? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that virtually all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and several others, probably caused by the foods that are consumed. People are deciding to eat better now that they know how essential food choices are to their health. Nowadays it is a lot easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. In all probability, your local grocery store now has an organic food aisle. In the organic food section, you’ll be able to find superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been found to retard or reverse certain diseases. You will see that you think more clearly when you begin to eat these superfoods. You will start to feel a lot better when you opt to eat the superfoods in place of junk food. Your body will start to function as it is supposed to when you supply it with the right nutrition. As a result, it will enable your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. Your daily diet should have at least a few of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Then, try to add some veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Add in whole cereals and nuts. Also, you may want to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. You will enjoy good health once you decide to eat the green living way. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fight against disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by altering your food choices today.