You can cook Scalloped Potatos using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatos
- Prepare 4 cups of thinly sliced potatoes.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 3 tablespoons of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated cheese, to sprinkle on top.
Scalloped Potatos step by step
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour. Let sit for a minute..
- Add all of the cold milk, stirring with a whisk..
- Season with salt and cayenne..
- Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk..
- Reduce heat and stir in cheese..
- Place half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish..
- Pour half of the cheese sauce over potatoes..
- Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce..
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top..
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 60 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly on top..
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Superb Way To Go Green For Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of green living that numerous individuals appreciate. It is possible to do this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We need to take a step back and fix diseases before they happen. A lot of people have the attitude of ruining the body today, and mend it with a pill the next day. We’re bombarded with adverts for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem instantly. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old bad habits. Unlike the car buying process, you won’t be able to trade in your worn out body for a new one. You must take care of your health while you can do so. Proper nutrition is important for your body to function at best levels. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or merely eat anything tastes good at the time? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? Since people choose to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a lot others, possibly triggered by the foods that are consumed. Many people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. A lot of healthy food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most likely, your local grocery store today has an organic food section. In the organic food section, you’ll be able to find superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious illnesses. By ingesting these foods, your body will more fit. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how healthy you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to function well. This in turn will allow your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. Your daily diet have to contain at least a few of these super foods. Why not eat some beans or blueberries? Next, add some veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a few other foods to include. Moreover, you need to consume yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. When you consume these superfoods daily, you should get rid of any weight problems. Green living equips you with a good eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body is likely to be free of disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.