Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta.
You can have Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta
- It’s 2.2 lbs of Beef stew meat (chuck roast cut into chunks).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Oil (plus a little extra if needed).
- Prepare 3 of Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of Plum Tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 2 of medium size Carrots, sliced into 1-inch thickness.
- You need 4 of Red Potatoes, cut into cubes (roughly the same size as the carrots).
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- It’s 1 cup of Beef broth or water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fish Sauce or Soy Sauce (adjust to taste).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 1/3-1/2 cup of Peanut Butter, or to taste (maybe replaced with Liver spread to be more authentic).
- It’s 1 of Red Bell Pepper.
- You need 1 cup of frozen Peas.
- It’s 2 tsp of brown Sugar (optional).
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper,.
Slow Cooker Beef Kaldereta step by step
- Season the beef chunks with salt and pepper..
- In a large frying pan (like a heavy stainless steel or cast iron skillet), heat the oil until hot but not smoking. Sear the beef by browning on all sides in the hot oil. Keep some space in between the beef chunks when frying so don’t dump all the beef but cook in batches..
- Place in a plate as you cook. This method will ensure a deep and delicious taste from the meat so if you can don’t omit the step..
- In the remaining oil (or add a little oil to the skillet if needed) saute the garlic, onions and tomatoes for 3-4 minutes. The purpose is to deglaze the pan with the juices from the veggies and get all the yummy brown bits remaining there for extra flavor..
- Place the beef and the sauteed vegetables in the slow cooker. If there’s no time, simply add the browned beef with the vegetables in the slow cooker..
- Add the carrots, potatoes and bay leaves. Pour the beef broth (or water), fish sauce or soy sauce and the tomato sauce. Give it a quick stir. Cover and cook on low until the beef is fork tender between 6-8 hours..
- When the beef is already tender enough to eat (but not falling apart) add the peanut butter and red bell pepper. You can also add the frozen peas at this point. Add the sugar, if using. This is not to sweeten the stew but to enhance the flavor. Season with extra salt and pepper, if needed. Stir everything gently. Cook for another 30 minutes to 1 hour or until everything is fully heated through..
- Serve with freshly steamed rice on the side..
Going Green for Good Health By Eating Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of going green that many folks appreciate. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We need to take a step back and fight diseases before they come about. Too many individuals have the attitude of ruining the body today, and mend it with a pill later on. You can’t turn around without hearing about the current pill to cure you of your health problems. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old bad habits. When your body ceases to function right, you can’t obtain a healthy body. You must learn how to look after it before it is too late. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to work at top levels. Do you eat because food is available and you enjoy what they taste or do you choose foods that are good for you? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food place or get junk food at the local convenience store? As people choose to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. More and more individuals are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases due to the foods they eat. People are becoming increasingly conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Today it is much easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most likely, your local grocery store now has an organic food aisle. In the organic food section, you’ll find superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious maladies. You will see that you think more clearly when you ingest these superfoods. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how well you will soon feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to run. As a result, your immune system will easily fight off maladies. See to it that you add these superfoods into your daily diet. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Next, try to add several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are some other essentials. Make sure you consume proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy optimal health when you decide to eat the green living way. You will discover that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fight against disease. You can expect to have a healthy future by changing your food choices today.