Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup. Cut the cabbage into roughly inch by inch pieces. Combine the paprika, black pepper, and thyme. The blogger was originally from Hungary, so it has a tinge of sentimentality about it.
Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and caraway seeds, and saute, stirring frequently, until the onion is translucent. Add the diced tomatoes (with juice), tomato puree, cold water, and vinegar. You can cook Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup
- It’s 1 lb of bacon.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 Tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 4 cups of low sodium chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 of Bou beef bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 28 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 10 oz of can condensed tomato soup.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of V8 vegetable juice.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 Head of green cabbage.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of long or wild rice.
- You need of Parsley.
Lean ground beef, fresh veggies, and brown rice cooked together in a thick, deeply savory tomato broth, this cozy cabbage roll soup is a protein, whole grain, and nutrient-packed all-in-one dinner. Káposztaleves is also thought to relieve the symptoms of a hangover, and this is probably the reason why this traditional Hungarian soup is so popular on New Year's Eve. Unstuffed cabbage roll soup has all the great flavors of traditional cabbage rolls, without all the fuss. It's hearty, beefy, and full of veggies.
Hungarian Cabbage Roll Soup instructions
- Cut your cabbage in half through the stem. Cut each half in half through its stem. Cut the stem out of the cabbage as a wedge. Cut the cabbage into roughly inch by inch pieces..
- Prepare the other ingredients. Combine the onion and garlic. Combine the paprika, black pepper, and thyme. Group the stock, diced tomatoes, soup, and juice. Measure the rice out..
- Add some oil of your choice to your pot and heat over high heat. Add the beef and brown..
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened..
- Add the tomato paste and the spices, and cook until starting to stick to the bottom..
- Add the stock, diced tomatoes, tomato soup, V8 juice, beef bouillon, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the rice, stir, then add the cabbage. Cover and simmer 45 min..
- While the soup is cooking, fry the bacon (or bake at 375°F for ~20 min)..
- Crumble the cooked bacon and mince a handful of parsley. Add to the soup and serve.
Our family recipe for Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage Rolls uses a filling of ground meat and rice and a thick tomato sauce flavored with sauerkraut and bacon. Our recipe for Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage Rolls is an authentic family version, modified by four generations of Hungarian-American cooks. Make sure the water is at a rolling boil, if rice is not scalded enough it will be crunchy! Rinse with cold water, draining with sieve, then mix into rest of filling ingredients. Now fill the cabbage leaves with filling mixture; folding leaves.
Living Greener for Better Health By Eating Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that a lot of people appreciate. It is possible to attain this, even in this fast-paced world we are in. We should take a step back and fix diseases before they come about. A lot of people think nothing of abusing their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. Wherever you look, you read about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old bad habits. When your body quites functioning properly, you can’t get yourself a healthy body. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to take goood care of yourself. Your body needs the right nutrients to operate at its best levels. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or merely eat anything tastes good at the time? Do you usually eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that most people consume, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. The things we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. People are deciding to eat better now that they are aware of how crucial food choices are to their health. Now it is much easier to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. Almost all grocery stores nowadays carry organic foods. This section is filled with what are today recognized as superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious illnesses. You will find that you think more clearly when you begin to ingest these superfoods. You will start to feel a lot better when you decide to consume the superfoods in place of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will allow it to run optimally. When this happens, it will help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. See to it that you incorporate these superfoods into your daily diet. To start with, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole food grains are a couple of other foods to include. Make sure you include proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t ever have to worry about your weight again. Green living equips you with a solid diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be better, and your body is likely to become disease free. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.