Rice Condiment Daikon Radish Leaves (Turnip Greens) for Fridge Stocking. Finely chop the daikon greens (my mother-in-law parboils them before chopping). If you're not in a hurry, parboiling first will ensure a good result. I heat the chopped greens in a Teflon-coated or non-stick frying pan on high medium or medium high, and roast.
Whenever I have a daikon with leaves on it, I make this dish. Adjust the amount of seasoning according to the amount of daikon leaves. The key is to use the same proportion of ingredients for a nice balance. You can cook Rice Condiment Daikon Radish Leaves (Turnip Greens) for Fridge Stocking using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rice Condiment Daikon Radish Leaves (Turnip Greens) for Fridge Stocking
- It’s 1 of daikon radish Daikon radish greens (or turnip greens or komatsuna).
- You need of Seasoning (for the amount of greens from a small daikon radish):.
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Sake (optional).
- It’s 1 pinch of Japanese dashi stock powder.
- You need 1 pinch of Bonito flakes.
- It’s 1 of to 2 teaspoons Sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 of optional, but it's nice to add a few drops as a finishing touch Sesame oil.
Nutrition Profile for Daikon Radish While it looks pale and simple, daikon packs a good nutrition punch. The daikon leaves or daikon greens are tender and have a mild flavor. They have vital nutrients including vitamin C, vitamin A, and minerals such as iron, magnesium, and manganese. They are also known for their cancer-fighting compounds, called glucosinolates.
Rice Condiment Daikon Radish Leaves (Turnip Greens) for Fridge Stocking step by step
- Finely chop the daikon leaves and put them in a frying pan. There should be enough to almost be spilling out of the pan..
- Cover with a lid, heat on high heat, then allow to cook for a few minutes. Once the leaves become tender, remove the lid and sauté to evaporate the excess water..
- In Step 2, the water that comes out from cooking with the lid on should prevent sticking to the pan (with a Teflon pan)..
- If you are not using a Teflon pan, or if you are concerned about sticking to the pan, add a little bit of oil..
- When most of the water has cooked out, add the seasoning and dashi stock, then sauté again..
- Reduce to low heat when the seasonings start to stick to the pan, add the bonito flakes and briskly toss. Sprinkle in some sesame seeds, then serve..
- It's also good mixed into rice or made into onigiri rice balls..
In a medium saucepan, stir together water, vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic, turmeric, peppercorns, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to ensure that sugar fully dissolves. Remove from heat and add daikon. Uses for Radish and Daikon Greens Depending on the variety, radish greens can be peppery, like arugula, or milder, like spinach. They can be used similarly to those greens and in many of the same ways you'd use beet and turnip greens or carrot tops.
Living Greener for Better Health By Eating Superfoods One good thing about adopting a green lifestyle is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Despite the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We have to go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. A lot of individuals have the attitude of destroying the body today, and fix it with a pill later on. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem right away. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make some necessary changes in your life. Unlike buying a car, you cannot exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You should look after your health while you can. Your body requires the right nutrients to run at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are eating is good for you? Do you typically eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food places? Consuming sugar and starches, as well as greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The things we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food section. In this aisle, you’ll be able to find superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious health conditions. By ingesting these superfoods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how good you will soon feel. Your body will begin to function as it is supposed to when you supply it with the proper nutrition. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any illness. See to it that you integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. To start, beans are great, and berries, particularly blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole cereals, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, mainly walnuts. In addition, you may want to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By consuming these superfoods regularly, you should get rid of any weight problems. Green living equips you with a great diet plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be better, and your body can ward off diseases. Prepare for an awesome future by modifying your eating habits right now.