Refried Beans – Slow Cooker.
You can cook Refried Beans – Slow Cooker using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Refried Beans – Slow Cooker
- It’s 1/2 lb. of dry pinto beans.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 of large clove garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of small jalapeno, seeds removed and diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of cumin.
- You need 10 of twists freshly cracked pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt, or more to taste.
Refried Beans – Slow Cooker step by step
- Start by soaking the beans overnight. Pick through them first, removing any stones or bad beans you may find. Then place them in a large bowl and fill with enough water to cover the beans by a couple of inches. Place the bowl in the fridge to soak overnight..
- When ready to start the beans, grease the slow cooker. Drain the beans and place them in. Then add in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT for the salt. Give it a stir, place the lid on and cook on low heat for 8 hours..
- Once the 8 hour mark is up, drain the liquid from the beans, but reserve about 1 cup of it..
- Use either a hand masher (for a chunkier, more rustic texture) or an immersion blender (for a smoother and creamier texture) to mash the beans to your preferred consistency. I just use a hand masher. If the beans are too dry while mashing, loosen them up by adding some of the reserved liquid. Keep in mind that they will thicken slightly as they cool..
- Season the finished beans with the salt and some additional pepper, then that's it. Serve immediately, topped with some cheese if you like, and refrigerate any leftovers..
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of adopting a green lifestyle that many individuals appreciate. This is possible regardless of how busy and hectic your life is. We need to get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Numerous individuals have the attitude of destryong the body today, and mend it with a pill later on. It’s impossible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the latest pill to treat your health problems. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old bad habits. As soon as your body wears out, you cannot trade it in for a new one, like your car. You mustn’t postpone it or it will be too late to look after yourself. Your body has to have sufficient amounts of nutrients to operate at its best levels. Do you eat because food is available and you savor the taste or do you choose nutritional foods? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food joints? Ingesting sugar and starches, and greasy foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are being discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, possibly induced by the foods that are ingested. People are becoming increasingly concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food stores. Today, you can find an organic food section in virtually all grocery stores. This food section has what are today recognized as superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious diseases. By ingesting these superfoods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice an astonishing increase in how much better you feel. Your body will start to work as it was meant to when you give it the correct nutrition. When this happens, your immune system will easily ward off illnesses. Your daily diet have to contain at least some of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Next, try adding several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Add in whole grains and nuts. Additionally, you have to include yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will get rid of your weight problems. Observing a green living diet plan will provide you with just what you need to be healthy. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. You can look forward to a healthy future by changing your food choices right now.