Stringy tsoureki by Akis. Beat the mahlab, sugar, mastic, cardamom and a pinch of salt in a food processor, until all of the aromatics are finely ground. You can also do this with a mortar and pestle. Beat the mahlab, sugar, mastic, cardamom and a pinch of salt in a food processor, until all of the aromatics are finely ground.
I've tried many recipes but none managed to produce so fluffy tsourekia!! Recipe by Μουστρουφίτσα Tsoureki – Greek Sweet Bread Akis Petretzikis Subscribe: http://bit.ly/akispetretzikiseng Recipe: https://akispetretzikis.com/en/categories/glyka/tsoyreki-. You can have Stringy tsoureki by Akis using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stringy tsoureki by Akis
- Prepare 1 of Mixture.
- It’s 120 ml of water.
- You need 120 g of yeast.
- You need 1 handful of flour (from the 1 kg we will use).
- You need 2 of Mixture.
- It’s 7 g of mahlab.
- You need 5 g of kakoule (cardamom seeds).
- You need 2 g of mastic.
- You need 1 of vanilla.
- You need of zest from one orange.
- It’s 60 g of sugar.
- Prepare of Rest of ingredients.
- You need 100 g of margarine.
- Prepare 200 g of sugar.
- You need 2 g of salt (one pinch).
- You need 200 g of eggs.
- Prepare 200 g of milk.
- You need 1 kg of strong flour for tsoureki.
- It’s 100 g of melted margarine.
I've tried many recipes but none managed to produce so fluffy tsourekia!! Recipe by Μουστρουφίτσα Stringy tsoureki by Akis Recipe by Cookpad Greece. Great recipe for Stringy tsoureki by Akis. So much for ready made tsoureki!
Stringy tsoureki by Akis step by step
- Mix all the ingredients from mixture 1 and put them aside..
- Mix the ingredients of mixture 2 in a blender..
- Beat the 100 g margarine with the 200 g sugar, add mixture 2. When they are well beaten add the eggs, milk and mixture 1. Mix for 2 more minutes and replace the whisk with the dough hook on the mixer..
- Slowly add the flour and make sure the dough does not stick to the sides of the bowl. Lower the speed and slowly add the margarine till it is thoroughly absorbed in the mix..
- Check to see if the dough is as tight as required and see if it needs more flour..
- Let it stand in a warm place in a buttered bowl till double (about 1 hour). Turn it over and let it double again for 30 more minutes..
- Then braid it, place it on an oven tray, let id double again for about 30 minutes. Brush it with egg yolk, sprinkle with almonds and bake at 150 °C for 50 – 60 minutes..
I've tried many recipes but none managed to produce so fluffy tsourekia!! Recipe by Μουστρουφίτσα Tsoureki is very similar to brioche and challah. It is best to make this sweet bread using bread flour to create the soft and stringy texture that this Greek classic is known for. However, currently, we are still in a quarantine and bread flour is nearly impossible to find. This technique will help the Greek Easter bread (tsoureki) form the characteristic stringy texture, as seen in the picture.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One good thing about adopting a green lifestyle is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Even with the fast pace of our modern world, you can do this. We have to take a step back and fix diseases before they come about. Numerous people have the attitude of ruining the body today, and mend it with a pill the next day. Wherever you look, you read about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make some needed alterations in your life. When your body ceases to function properly, you cannot get a healthy one. You mustn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take care of your body. Your body has to have sufficient amounts of nutrients to run at its best levels. Do you eat because something is available and you love the taste or do you go for foods that are good for you? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that most people consume, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. The things we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. People are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Nowadays it is much easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most likely, your local grocery store today has an organic food area. There you will be able to see what science has termed superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to delay a number of diseases, or even overturn them. You will find that you think more clearly when you start to consume these superfoods. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an amazing increase in how much better you feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to function. This in turn will enable your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. Your daily diet must contain at least a few of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Then, try adding some green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Throw in whole grains and nuts. Be sure to include proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will get rid of your weight problems. You will enjoy optimal health as you choose to eat the green living way. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to ward off disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by changing your food choices today.