Beef Steak with Onion Sauce. Smothered steak is a deeply traditional southern favorite. Basically, it's any cut of steak served in a gravy or served with gravy poured over it. The gravy is usually a mushroom or onion gravy and the steak cut is usually a top round or bottom round.
Pour the sauce over the steak. Add salad or vegetables to the side of the steak, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve. Add sherry to the pan and combine with onions. You can have Beef Steak with Onion Sauce using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Steak with Onion Sauce
- Prepare 150 grams of Beef roast or loin (or the cut of your choice), 1 piece.
- You need 150 grams of Finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Water to adjust the sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Salad or vegetables to accompany the steak, to taste.
- It’s 1 dash of Finely chopped parsley.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter (to sauté the onion).
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter (to cook the steak).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil (to cook the steak).
- You need 1 of Salt, pepper.
Stir in tomato sauce and Worcestershire and season with black pepper. Slice the steak into thick slices and serve with the onion sauce. Sprinkle steaks with thyme, pepper and garlic powder. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining butter until tender.
Beef Steak with Onion Sauce step by step
- Take the beef out of the refrigerator 30 minutes to an hour before you'll cook it. Finely chop the onion..
- Melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter in a frying pan over medium heat and sauté the onion until lightly caramelized (it should be a light brown color). If it looks like it will burn, add a little water and turn down the heat, and continue sautéeing..
- When the onion has cooked, take out of the pan and reserve. Make sure not to let it burn, since this will decide the flavor of your steak..
- Pat the beef dry. Season on both sides with salt and pepper..
- Heat the vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan over high heat, and pan fry the beef. When browned on one side, turn it over, turn the heat down to medium, and cook to your desired degree of doneness..
- Take the steak out onto a serving plate and let rest while covered (don't let it cool down)..
- Wipe off the grease from the frying pan with paper towels, and re-introduce the sautéed onion..
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of water to the onion from Step 7, and season with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the steak..
- Add salad or vegetables to the side of the steak, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve..
Return the steaks to the pan, add the bread slices and sprinkle over the grated cheese. Serve the steak and sauce with the croutons, potato and celeriac mash or spinach mash (just stir spinach through the steaming mash to wilt slightly and serve) and seasonal green vegetables. Add onion, and cook until tender. Add Worcestershire sauce and tablespoon butter and toss to coat. Thinly slice the steak across the grain and top with chopped parsley.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One of the strongest points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and revel in life. Even with the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We must get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Alas, just about people don’t care about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem instantly. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old negative habits. When your body quites functioning properly, you won’t be able to get yourself a new body. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to look after your body. Proper nutrition is important for your body to function at best levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what goes into your mouth is healthy for you? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that virtually all people consume, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. The foods we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. People are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Today it is so easy to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most likely, your local grocery store now has an organic food area. This food section is filled with what are now recognized as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to retard some diseases, or even overturn them. Eating these foods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an astonishing increase in how good you feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to work. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any disease. See to it that you incorporate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole cereals, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, mainly walnuts. Also, you have to include yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. If you eat these superfoods, you will never have to worry about your weight again. Green living equips you with a healthy eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fight against disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.