Basbousa(semolina cake). Basbousa is a traditional Egyptian – middle eastern sweet cake. Basically Basbousa (also known as revani or harissa) cake is a semolina cake with coconut. This cake is Soft and moist with a touch of lemon syrup.
Mix the semolina, coconut, sugar, baking soda, and the butter in a large bowl. Use your hands to incorporate the butter with the other. Basbousa Cake ، Semolina Coconut Rava Cake Recipe بسبوسه کیک نارگیلی. МАННИК самый простой рецепт/Semolina Cake. You can have Basbousa(semolina cake) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basbousa(semolina cake)
- Prepare of Syrup.
- You need 2 1/4 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare of Juice from 1 lemon (or 2 tablespoon orange juice).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Prepare of Cake.
- It’s 2 cups of semolina.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 stick of butter, softened.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of Blanched split almonds.
This traditional Middle Eastern dessert comes together in just one Basbousa (Semolina Cake). Recipe adapted from Vian Alnidawi and Sara Nassr, Comal Heritage. This Egyptian recipe for sweet semolina cake is incredibly easy to make. It's topped with a delicious rosewater and lemon syrup.
Basbousa(semolina cake) step by step
- Prepare syrup first. Dissolve sugar in water in a medium saucepan. Add lemon juice and bring to boil. Once the syrup begins to boil, add in honey. Reduce heat and allow to slowly boil for about 8-10 min. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 9×12 baking dish..
- Cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla..
- In separate bowl, combine semolina, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly add to butter and egg mixture. Stir in milk.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and smooth with spoon. Take a butter knife and make diamond shapes. Place an almond in the center of each diamond..
- Bake for 25 min. Remove cake from oven and pour syrup over cake until no more can be absorbed. Allow to cool.
From Saad Fayed, I love basbousa with coffee after a good meal. They are just enough to add that extra umpf to a meal. The syrup is not too sugary, but sweet enough to satisfy a sweet tooth. Many people attribute weight gain in Ramadan to the abundance of traditional sweet treats which are unfortunately characteristically not the healthiest. Basbousa is an Egyptian semolina cake widely spread and loved throughout the Middle East.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of adopting a green lifestyle that most folks appreciate. This is possible no matter how busy and frantic your life is. We have to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Numerous people have the attitude of destroying the body today, and heal it with a pill later on. We’re barraged with adverts for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make a few necessary changes in your life. When your body stops working right, you can’t get a new body. You have to look after your body while you can do so. Your body requires the right nutrients to function at its best levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are putting in your mouth is good for you? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food place or get junk food at the local convenience store? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that virtually all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. The food products we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. Men and women are becoming more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Lots of good food are now being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most likely, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. This aisl is filled with what are now known as superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been proven to retard or reverse particular illnesses. Consuming these superfoods will . As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how good you will soon feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to work. When this happens, your immune system will easily fight off diseases. Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your diet every day. Why not eat some beans or blueberries? Then, add some green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Add in whole grains and nuts. Additionally, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t have a weight problem again. Green living gives you a good diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. You will discover that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. You can expect to have a healthy future by changing your food choices now.