Apple Butter – Slow Cooker.
You can cook Apple Butter – Slow Cooker using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Butter – Slow Cooker
- You need 1.5 lbs of apples (about 4 medium or 3 large).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar (could also use maple syrup or honey).
- You need 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground cloves.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of ground allspice.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s pinch of salt.
Apple Butter – Slow Cooker instructions
- Core and roughly chop the apples. You can peel them if you'd like, but I don't feel it's necessary, considering everything will be blended at the end. Place them in a lightly greased slow cooker..
- Sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and allspice over the apples and stir to incorporate. Place the lid on and cook on low heat for 6 or so hours..
- After the 6 or so hours, the apples should be all broken down and very tender. It will resemble a chunky, rustic applesauce in texture, but it should be thicker and darker than applesauce..
- Use an immersion blender to blend it right in the slow cooker bowl or transfer it to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Once its pureed, stir in the vanilla and salt..
- Place it into a large shallow bowl so it can cool off. Allow it to cool completely, then place it in an airtight container (I like to use a mason jar) and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks..
Living Greener for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods One great thing about green living is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to attain this, even in this fast-paced world we are in. We should go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. The majority of men and women think nothing of not taking care of their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. It’s impossible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the current pill to cure you of your health problems. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old bad habits. When your body ceases to function right, you can’t get a healthy one. You must learn how to take care of your body the soonest you can. Your body cannot run correctly if it fails to receive the right nutrition. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or simply eat the food that tastes good at the time? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food joint or buy junk food at the local convenience store? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that almost all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. A growing number of folks are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases due to the foods they eat. People are becoming increasingly concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Lots of good food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Today, you can find an organic food area in just about all grocery stores. This food section is filled with what are today acknowledged as superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been proven to slow down or reverse some illnesses. By ingesting these foods, your body will become healthier. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how well you will soon feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to run. When this happens, the immune system is better able to fight off any malady. Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole food grains and nuts. Be sure to eat proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you eat these superfoods every day, you should eliminate any weight gain problems. You will enjoy good health once you choose to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can potentially ward off diseases. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits today.