Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf.
You can have Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf
- Prepare 8 of skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 1 of onion, red or white, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil, olive or vegetable.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 350 grams of long grain rice (I use easy-cook).
- It’s 100 grams of sultanas or raisins.
- Prepare 1 liter of chicken stock, from cube is fine.
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
- You need 100 grams of macademia or cashew nuts or almonds.
Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf step by step
- Heat oil in frying pan, add onion and fry, without colouring, until soft, drain and place in slow cooker..
- Place rice, sultanas, turmeric and stock in slow cooker, stir gently..
- Fry chicken in frying pan until sealed and lightly coloured, add to slow cooker. You can use boneless thighs if you prefer..
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, high for 1 1/2 – 2 hours. Add more stock if required during cooking, check chicken is cooked through. Check rice is cooked too..
- Dry-fry the nuts in a frying pan until golden..
- Check seasoning of chicken, add salt & pepper to taste. Remove chicken, gently fork through rice to fluff up..
- Place rice on plate, put chicken on top, and sprinkle nuts over. You can stir nuts into rice at step 6 if you like..
- You can substitute pine nuts.
Going Green for Greater Health By Eating Superfoods One of the best points of going green is to slow down and revel in life. This is doable no matter how filled and hectic your life is. We must take a step back and fix diseases before they happen. A lot of men and women think nothing of mistreating their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. It isn’t possible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the newest pill to deal with your health problems. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old bad habits. Unlike buying a car, you can’t trade in your exhausted body for a new one. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to look after your health. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at best levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is healthy for you? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food eating places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and greasy food that almost all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. A growing number of folks are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases due to the foods they ingest. People are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Many nutritious food are now available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nowadays, you can find an organic food area in almost all grocery stores. In this aisle, you’ll find superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious diseases. You will observe that you think more clearly when you start to eat these superfoods. You will start to feel a whole lotso much better when you decide to eat the superfoods rather than junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will allow it to run well. When this happens, your immune system will easily fend off health conditions. Your daily diet need to include at least some of these super foods. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, especially blueberries. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole food grains, and oats, along with a mix of nuts, mainly walnuts. Additionally, you need to consume yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t have to worry about gaining weight again. You will enjoy optimal health once you choose to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be better, and your body can ward off diseases. Prepare for a great future by making positive changes to your eating habits right now.