Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie. Check the squash with a fork. Let it get slightly hot, then add onions, celery and carrots. Let it get slightly hot, then add onions, celery and carrots.
Prepare half of Nothing in the House pie crust as per the directions, reserving the leftover egg for an egg wash. Delicata squash is a small oblong squash with orange-yellow flesh that tastes similar to sweet potatoes. Its skin is thin and tender enough to eat after cooking, which sets it apart from other winter squash. You can have Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 4 of small delicata Squash, cleaned and cut in cubes.
- You need 2 of cups, water.
- You need 1 cup of cooked mashed potatoes.
- It’s 1 of vegan chicken bouillon cube.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked red lentils (or any lentil of your choice).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of each of chopped celery, onions and carrots.
- You need 1 can of tomato sauce, 8oz.
- You need 1 cup of thinly sliced green chard.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of Badia Mediterranean Blend.
- It’s 3 of crushed garlic cloves or 1tbsp of ajo.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare to taste of Salt/pepper.
Delicata squash is high in fiber, vintamins C and A, and potassium. It looks like a squash pie with kale on the side. It's always helpful to include a weight as well as the ingredient. I don't really know the volume of squash I should be shooting.
Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie instructions
- Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Let it get slightly hot, then add onions, celery and carrots. Stir and cook for about 10-11 minutes or until the onions are slightly translucent. Add the green chard and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Add the lentils, liquid smoke, mediterranean seasoning and tomato sauce to the veggies. Add another tbsp of coconut oil to keep the food from sticking to the pan. Cook for another 7-9 minutes. Set aside.
- Clean and cube the squash. In small pot, put in the squash, water and bouillon then cook for approx. 20-30 minutes on medium heat. Check the squash with a fork. If it's soft enough to go thru the fork then it's ready. When it's ready pour half of the liquid out of the pot. Add the cooked mashed potatoes to the squash then start to mash the ingredients together. When it becomes a smooth mixture, stir until fully blended..
- Take a 8"or 9" casserole dish and add the veggie mix to the dish. Evenly spread the mix throughout the dish. Take squash/potatoe mashed mix and put on top evenly coating the dish. Set oven to broil. Broil the dish for 10-15 minutes or until the top is nicely browned. Bon Appetite!.
Delicata squash is a mild squash similar to butternut, which is a suitable replacement squash if you cannot find delicata. This is a great recipe for experimentation. Consider adding to your turkey mixture: red bell pepper, curry, or pine nuts. There are tons of ways to turn delicata squash into dinner. You can slice it, or stuff it with meat or other veggies.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that many individuals appreciate. In spite of the fast pace of our modern world, you can achieve this. We should take a step back and fix diseases before they come about. Too many people have the attitude of destroying the body today, and fix it with a pill the next day. Everywhere you look, you hear about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make some essential modifications in your life. Unlike the car buying process, you won’t be able to exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You mustn’t wait too long or it will be too late to look after yourself. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to work at top levels. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or simply eat whatever tastes good at the time? Do you typically eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food restaurants? Ingesting sugar and starches, and oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and a lot others, probably caused by the foods that are ingested. Individuals are becoming more and more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Healthy food is now readily available at local grocery and health food shops. In all probability, your local grocery store now has an organic food area. This section has what are now acknowledged as superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to slow down or reverse certain diseases. Eating these foods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how good you will soon feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to work. When this happens, the immune system will be able to fight off any disease. Make sure you add these superfoods into your diet every day. Why not include a few beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Don’t forget whole food grains and nuts. Furthermore, you may want to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living offers you a great diet plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body is likely to become disease free. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.