Metthi Aloo Sabji. Aloo methi recipe – a dry vegetable dish aka sabzi made with potatoes and fenugreek leaves. This sabzi goes well with roti or paratha. Methi leaves or fenugreek leaves are very nutritious.
Aloo Methi Ki Sabzi is an Indian style easy to make curry with potatoes and loads of fresh fenugreek leaves along with spices makes it perfect to be served with homemade phulkas. Aloo Methi Ki Sabzi is the dish that I prepare more often when fresh fenugreek leaves are in season. The Aloo Methi Sabzi Recipe is a quick, simple and nutritious vegetables that is packed with flavors from the sauteed methi leaves also known as fenugreek leaves. You can have Metthi Aloo Sabji using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Metthi Aloo Sabji
- It’s 1 of medium bunch fenugreek chopped.
- You need 1 of potato diced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes large finely chopped.
- Prepare 12 of Garlic cloves finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s as needed of Water.
The Aloo Methi Sabzi when combined with the sauteed onions and mild spices, makes this dish simple and yet delectable to the palate. Aloo Methi is a simple north-Indian stir fry made with potatoes and fenugreek leaves. In fact, the name of this dish comes from the Hindi words of Aloo meaning potatoes and Methi meaning Fenugreek leaves. It is a very popular winter-favorite dish in North India.
Metthi Aloo Sabji step by step
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil. Add in the cumin seeds and allow them to splutter. Add in the garlic and saute on low flame till the raw smell goes away. This will take a minute or two..
- Add in the tomatoes, some salt and cook till the tomatoes get mushy..
- Add in green chilies after a few minutes and continue to cook till the tomatoes soften and oil begins to separate..
- Add in the turmeric, red chilli powder, potatoes and mix well. Cook for a minute..
- Add in the coriander powder and roast the potatoes with the masala for 3-4 minutes. Add in the fenugreek leaves and mix well. The fenugreek leaves will shrink and release their own water..
- Now we have to pressure cook the veggies. So add some more water, just enough to pressure cook for 5-6 whistles..
- When done, turn off the heat and allow the pressure to release on it's own. Open the cooker and check if there is any water left..
- If yes, then continue to cook the aloo methi on high heat to dry up the moisture. Stir often. The oil will begin to separate again, which is when you know the sabzi is ready..
- Turn the heat off. Serve hot with rotis or rice with some dal. Enjoy!.
It is also called as Aloo Methi ki Sabji. Also, this recipe for the Aloo Methi Rasedar Subzi Vegan Potato Curry, is a no onion, no garlic recipe. This is a great one to make on the fasting days and no onion also means, no chopping. I have pureed the tomatoes for the Aloo Methi Rasedar Subzi as it gives it a smooth gravy. if you prefer, just chopped tomatoes could be used as well. aloo methi recipe
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One of the greatest reasons for green living is to slow down and enjoy life. This is doable no matter how filled and hectic your life is. We should take a step back and prevent diseases before they come about. Regrettably, majority of people don’t care about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem right away. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old bad habits. As soon as your body wears out, you won’t be able to trade it in for a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of your body. Your body cannot run correctly if it doesn’t receive the right nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what goes into your mouth is beneficial for you? Do you typically eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that virtually all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. The foods we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. A lot of people are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Nowadays it is so easy to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Virtually all grocery stores these days carry organic foods. There you will be able to see what science has named superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious maladies. By consuming these superfoods, your body will more fit. You will start to feel a lot better when you choose to consume the superfoods in place of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to run optimally. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any illness. Your daily diet must have at least some of these super foods. First off, beans are very good, and berries, especially blueberries. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole grains and nuts. Additionally, you have to include yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t have to worry about your weight again. Observing a green living eating plan will give you exactly what you need for good health. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system improves. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.