Sukhi aloo sabji. Sukhi Aloo Sabzi recipe are hot and spicy potatoes flavoured with coriander and spices that makes a great travel food. Gujarati's are very famous for travelling long distances with a lot of cooked food along with boxes of dry snacks to munch along. Following is step by step recipe for the versatile sukhi aloo subzi- Heat oil in a pan on medium low heat, when warm – add urad dal and sautee it until light brown Now add mustard and cumin.
Some sliced onions and Nimbu Ka Achaar makes a fitting accompaniment to Aloo ki Sukhi Subzi with puris or rotis. This is Punjabi style Aloo Methi ki Sukhi Sabzi recipe to serve with Chapati or Paratha. Sukhi Sabzi means dry vegetable curries in Hindi and Punjabi. You can cook Sukhi aloo sabji using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sukhi aloo sabji
- You need 500 gms of boiled potatoes.
- It’s 3-4 of green chillies finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- It’s 1 tbs of coarsely grounded peanut powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of desiccated coconut.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 15 of cashew nut.
- You need 1 tsp of raisins.
- You need 1/4 tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of whole red chilli.
- You need 10-15 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of asafoetida powder.
- You need To taste of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sugar (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbs of coriander leaves finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tbs of oil.
In north Indian homes, it is almost a tradition to serve one Dal, one sabzi, a bowl of dahi and some chapati/roti/paratha to go with it for the main meal. Sukhi Aloo Bhaji a unique flavour that is spicy, sweet and tangy, all at one go. Please visit my blog for more Indian recipes- http://kabitaskitchen.blogspot.in/ Music by Kevin MacLeod; Source-http://incompetech.com/ Aloo and matar, their combo is always good. Whether you make a dry curry or Gravied aloo matar or even when stuffing them in paratha, samosa or kulcha or matar kachori.
Sukhi aloo sabji instructions
- Cut boiled potatoes into pieces..
- Heat oil in pan add fenugreek seeds when splutter add mustard seeds when splutter add cumin seed when splutter add whole dry red chilli, asafoetida, curry leaves,ginger paste, peanut powder, coconut & sesame seeds saute for 2 minutes on low medium flame..
- Now add cashew nuts, raisins, turmeric powder, salt and coriander leaves stir for 1 minute, now turn on high flame add boiled potatoes and sugar mix well. Saute for 2 minutes & turn off flame..
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve..
I make this dry baby potato peas sabzi – known as Sukha aloo matar often. This recipe is a much loved and liked recipe of mine. All of these are healthy and can be eaten on regular basis. This goes perfect with roti/phulka or tawa paratha. This can be served as a side with your dal-rice.
Living Greener for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods One of the greatest points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this hectic world we live in. We should take a step back and fix diseases before they happen. Most people think nothing of mistreating their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. We’re bombarded with ads for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem instantly. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a couple of essential changes in your life. Once your body wears out, you cannot trade it in for a new one, like your car. You must take care of yourself while you are able to. Your body has to have sufficient amounts of nutrients to function at its best levels. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or just eat whatever tastes good at the time? Do you usually eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and greasy food that most people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, possibly induced by the foods that are consumed. Many people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food stores. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been proven to delay or reverse particular illnesses. You will find that you think more clearly when you begin to ingest these foods. You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you decide to ingest the superfoods instead of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will enable it to function well. As a result, it will help your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. You have to have some superfoods in your diet everyday. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Then, try to add a few green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Throw in whole grains and nuts. Furthermore, you may want to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will get rid of your problems with gaining weight. Green living offers you a good eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your body will ward off diseases as you build up your immune system. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices right now.