Harusame Salad – Japanese Glass Noodle Salad. Japanese Glass Noodle Salad, or what we call Harusame Salad (春雨サラダ) in Japan, is known as a Chinese-style (中華風) salad due to the Chinese origin of glass noodles and the use of sesame oil in the salad dressing. Japanese Vermicelli Salad (Harusame Salad) is a refreshing summery salad with julienned ham, cucumber, carrot and wakame seaweed. It is simple and fast to make.
Harusame is the Japanese name for cellophane noodles or glass noodles. Harusame Salad is a salad with dried bean (or potato) threads called Harusame and vegetables. This cold and smooth textured noodle dish is a great side dish any time, but especially good during hot summer days. You can have Harusame Salad – Japanese Glass Noodle Salad using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Harusame Salad – Japanese Glass Noodle Salad
- You need 50 g of glass noodle.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of dried wakame seaweed.
- You need Half of cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of sea salt (for sprinkle over the vegs).
- Prepare 1 slices of ham (skip for vegetarian/vegan).
- It’s 1 of boiled egg.
- Prepare of Dressing.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 Tsp of white sesame seeds (toasted).
The dressing is flavored with sesame oil and it tastes like a Chinese style salad. Harusame thread is used all over the Asian countries. Low in calories and great for salad and soup. Harusame noodle is very popular especially among woman in Japan because it's a low calorie food and we think it's healthier.
Harusame Salad – Japanese Glass Noodle Salad step by step
- Follow the the packaging instructions to rehydrate glass noodle.
- Rehydrate wakame seaweeds in water for 15 minutes. Squeeze the water out and set aside..
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise and thinly slice diagonally..
- Cut carrot into julienne strips.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the cucumber and carrot and coat well. Set aside for 5 minutes. Then quickly rinse off the salt and squeeze the water out. Set aside..
- Cut the Sam into julienne strips and set aside..
- In medium bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk all together..
- In a large bowl, add glass noodle, vegetables, wakame seaweeds and ham. Pour the dressing. Toss all together. Add the boil egg on top..
- Chill the salad in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving. You can keep in the fridge up for 2 days..
The sourness and sweetness, saltiness in this salad may be adjusted to suit your taste. It's also better to refrigerate first and then eat. Harusame noodles are Japanese noodles made from potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, or mung bean starch. They are closely related to cellophane noodles, and they may be used as a replacement in recipes. Since these noodles do not typically contain gluten, they are a good choice of food for people with gluten intolerance, although the label should always be carefully read, just in case.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One of the greatest reasons for green living is to slow down and bask in life. Despite the fast pace of our modern world, you can achieve this. We should get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Numerous folks have the attitude of destryong the body today, and heal it with a pill the next day. No matter where you look, you hear about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a number of essential modifications in your life. When your body wears out, you cannot get a new one, like your car. You need to look after yourself while you can. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to function at top levels. When you put food into your mouth, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or simply eat whatever tastes good at the time? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that almost all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. An increasing number of individuals are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases as a result of the foods they consume. Individuals are becoming increasingly conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. A lot of nutritious food are now found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most likely, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. There you will be able to see what science has called superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to delay a number of diseases, or even reverse them. Ingesting these superfoods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to ingest the superfoods in place of junk food. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to function. When this happens, it will enable your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. Your daily diet need to include at least several of these super foods. To start with, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole food grains are some other essentials. Furthermore, you may wish to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By eating these superfoods every day, you should eliminate any weight problems. You will enjoy good health as you decide to eat the green living way. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits now.