Lauki ki sabji. Lauki is also known bottle gourd or opo squash in english. In some other Indian languages lauki is known as ghiya, dudhi, sorakaya, sorakkai etc. It is one of the healthiest vegetable and is excellent to have during summers.
Today i am sharing recipe made in Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. This is vegan, gluten free,keto and low carb recipe. Lauki Sabzi Recipe Lauki is a delicious traditional bottle gourd curry. You can have Lauki ki sabji using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lauki ki sabji
- It’s 500 gm of lauki (bottle gourd).
- You need 2-3 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 2-3 of tomatoes chopped.
- It’s 2 of green chillies finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of ginger grated.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare handful of fresh coriander chopped.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
This North Indian curry recipe features perfectly cooked bottle gourd in a savory onion tomato base with a gentle blend of aromatics. Making it in the Instant Pot lets you and your family enjoy this nutritious recipe any night of the week. Lauki ki sabji or lauki chana dal ki sabzi is a veg curry made using bottle gourd commonly called as lauki/doodhi and in some parts of India it is also called as kaddu. Once hot add mustard seeds and let them pop.
Lauki ki sabji instructions
- First in a pressure cooker heat oil, add cumin seeds and let them crackle, add finely chopped onion stir and cook till onion becomes light golden..
- Now add ginger stir for few seconds then add all dry spices – turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder, saute well on low flame for few seconds..
- Now add chopped tomatoes, green chilli and salt, saute for a min.add little water if required and cook cover until tomatoes gets soft on low to medium heat..
- Now add chopped lauki and mix well with cooked masala, keep the flame low and cook for 8-10 minutes until 80% done..
- Now add as required water (as per need) cover the lid and cook for one whistle, switch off the heat and let the pressure release by it self. open the lid add fresh chopped coriander and garam masala powder, mix well and serve hot with roti or rice..
Then add cumin seeds and let them sizzle. Masala Lauki Ki Sabji Lauki is a simple and healthy vegetable side dish that is also known as opo squash, or Bottle Gourd. Lauki is a staple vegetable in most Indian homes because of its many known health benefits. The vegetable itself is rather bland, so I love manipulating its flavor. Replace chana dal with moong dal in same quantity for variation.
Living Greener for Good Health By Eating Superfoods One of the best reasons for adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and revel in life. Despite the fast pace of our modern world, you can accomplish this. We have to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Alas, most people don’t trouble themselves about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It isn’t possible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the current pill to treat your health problems. In reality, some of these pills do help but only if you couple them with lifestyle changes. Unlike buying a car, you won’t be able to exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You should take care of your health while you are able to. Your body needs the right nutrients to function at its most effective levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is good for you? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Since a lot of folks opt to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, perhaps triggered by the foods that are consumed. People are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Nowadays it is so easy to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Nowadays, you can find an organic food area in nearly all grocery stores. There you will be able to find what science has called superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to slow down some diseases, or even overturn them. Ingesting these foods will . You will start to feel a whole lotso much better when you decide to eat the superfoods in place of junk food. Your body will start to function as it was meant to when you provide it with the proper nutrition. In this case, the immune system will be able to fight off any illness. Be sure to add these superfoods into your daily diet. Why not include a few beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Throw in whole cereals and nuts. Additionally, you need to include yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will help solve your problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy good health as you decide to eat the green living way. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to ward off disease. Prepare for a great future by changing your eating habits today.