Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup. To put a Southwestern spin on a healthy slow-cooker chicken soup, we built a flavorful base by skillet-browning our aromatics in a small amount of oil. Leftover Recipe: Southwestern Chicken and Rice Stew. I always have yummy leftovers after serving this meal.
Slow Cooked Southwestern Chicken & White Bean Soup. Good, but nothing to add to the recipe file. Slow Cooked Southwestern Chicken & White Bean Soup. You can have Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup
- It’s 3 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces (I like dark meat – more flavor. 🙂 ).
- Prepare 6 cups of water.
- You need 1 of small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and lightly crushed.
- Prepare 2 of medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces (I like to cut them big for slow cooking so they don't disintegrate and still retain some texture).
- It’s 1 of medium bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (I happened to use the Hatch chilies I roasted the other day, but they're seasonal and sometimes hard to come by even when they're in season).
- Prepare 1 of large stem celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- You need 1 (15 oz.) of can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional – I don't always care for beans in this soup – but add a 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to the recipe if you add the beans).
- It’s 1/2 of a 15 oz. can of corn (or 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels).
- Prepare 1/2 of a 15 oz. can of tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2-1 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1-2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3-3.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- You need 1-1.5 Tablespoons of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro (optional for the cilantro haters, of course).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fish sauce (optional, but recommended).
- Prepare of optional garnish: fried tortilla chips or strips, chopped fresh chilies, onions, cilantro, avocado, and lime wedges.
Place the chicken breasts in the bowl of a slow cooker. You can even put the chicken in frozen. Remove the chicken and shred with a fork, return to soup. Learn how to make Southwestern Slow Cooker Chicken and Potato Soup & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe.
Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup step by step
- Dump all but garnish ingredients into your slow cooker and give it a few good stirs..
- Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or high for 5 to 7, depending on how hot your slow cooker gets..
- It's always nice if you can give the soup a few gentle stirs throughout the cooking process, but if you can't manage that because you're out of the house, then you can give it a stir and adjust the seasoning as necessary as soon as you get home. This will give the soup some time to more evenly and thoroughly absorb flavor before you sit down to enjoy it..
- I like it with a little steamed rice, some chopped onions and cilantro on top, a good extra squeeze of lime, and a few lashings of Tapatío. 🙂 Enjoy!.
This slow cooker chicken soup recipe is about to become your new go-to. If you're looking for a comforting, homemade chicken soup, look no Our Soulful Chicken Soup is coming in hot and you're going to love it. The trick here is to cook low and slow. Chicken, a few root veggies, lots of. This turbocharged, south-of-the-border chicken soup features a spicy, tomatoey broth overflowing with tender shredded chicken and fresh, bright garnishes.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Superb Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One great thing about green living is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is possible regardless of how busy and hectic your life is. We have to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Too many people have the attitude of destroying the body today, and heal it with a pill later on. Everywhere you look, you hear about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old bad habits. When your body stops working properly, you can’t get a healthy body. You mustn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take care of your health. Your body has to have sufficient amounts of nutrients to run at its best levels. Do you eat because something is available and you savor the taste or do you choose nutritious foods? Do you typically eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that most people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. The food products we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. People are becoming increasingly conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Good nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food markets. These days, you can find an organic food section in nearly all grocery stores. In this section of the store, you’ll find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to slow down some diseases, or even reverse them. You will find that you think more clearly when you begin to consume these superfoods. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an astonishing increase in how good you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will help it to work optimally. When this happens, your immune system will easily fight off maladies. See to it that you add these superfoods into your diet. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole cereals are a few other foods to include. Be sure to include proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will get rid of your weight problems. Following a green living diet plan will provide you with exactly what you need to be healthy. You will see that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fight against disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits now.