Gulgule (Sweet Pua). Gulgule (singular gulgula) is a deep-fried sweet made from whole wheat flour, sugar or jaggery and fennel seeds from the North Indian cuisine. These crispy soft and fluffy balls are pretty easy to make. You can even call them an Indian version of fried doughnuts.
These are sweet flour dumplings which are slightly crispy from outside and soft from inside. These sweet pakora are also called Pue or Pua or Pude. Originally from Uttar Pradesh, this is the special recipe that new brides make in their husband's house. You can have Gulgule (Sweet Pua) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gulgule (Sweet Pua)
- Prepare 2 cups of Wheat flour.
- It’s 4 teaspoon of semolina.
- Prepare 1 cup of Jaggery.
- Prepare 1/2 of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Baking soda.
- It’s of Water as required.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Fennel seeds powder (for digestion).
How to make Sweet Gulgule Pua – Sweet Pua Filter flour in a utensil using a strainer. Put sugar in milk/water and dissolve it, dissolve flour in this sweet milk/water without any solids form present. The mixture for Pua has to be thick like the one used for Pakoda. Meethe Pua Recipe This is one of my favorite childhood snack.
Gulgule (Sweet Pua) step by step
- Fristy cut the jaggery into a small pieces.. Now in a bowl add jaggery and add same amount of water on it..mix well and dissolve jaggery completely.and keep it aside for later use..
- Next in a bowl add wheat flour, semolina, baking soda and sugar mix well and add the jaggery water on it… mix until no lumps in a batter..and baat for 2 minutes(add the jaggery water as required to make sami thick batter.. make sure you don't add to much of water..) make sure your is not too much thick aur thin….
- Make sure your batter is medium consistency not thick aur not be think..
- And mix well…cover and let rest for 2 to 3 hour…for best results…(for fermentation).
- After 3 hour.take the batter and mix well and add fennel seeds powder..and give it good mix….
- Next. In a kadai add lots of oil for frying the gulgula's.let's make gulgule from this batter…for making the gulgula's make sure you oil is not to hot..
- If the oil hot.then add the small portions of the batter (ball sized of the better)…into the oil.and fry the in medium. And fry the gulgula's until it becomes golden brown in colour….
- Now your gulgula's is ready to serve…. dust with powdered sugar…
This is pua or gulgule or meethe pua, I like them so much, my grandma (my dadi) used to make these for me and I can not even express in word the taste of my dadi's handmade gulgule. 'meethe gulgule, 'gulgule pue, 'sweet pua recipe, 'ramadan special gulgule recipe, 'sweet wheatflour and jaggery donuts, 'gulgula ramzan recipe, 'gulgula rec. Gulgula is one of the most delicious sweetmeats here in Guyana. Some Guyanese may know this delicacy as gula gula or sweet pholourie. Gulgula originated in India where is also known as gulgule and pua. – How to make Sweet Gulgule Pua – Sweet Pua Filter flour in a utensil using a strainer. Put sugar in milk/water and dissolve it, dissolve flour in this sweet milk/water without any solids form present.
Going Green for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that many individuals appreciate. It is possible to attain this, even in this busy world we live in. We must get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Regrettably, almost all people don’t care about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. No matter where you look, you read about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. There are some pills that help, but only if you make some essential changes in your life. Unlike the car buying process, you cannot trade in your worn out body for a new one. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to take care of your health. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to run at optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what goes into your mouth is healthy for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food joints? Eating sugar and starches, and also greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The foods we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. Individuals are becoming more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Nowadays it is so easy to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most probably, your local grocery store today has an organic food section. This aisl is full of what are today acknowledged as superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious health conditions. You will see that you think more clearly when you ingest these superfoods. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an amazing increase in how healthy you feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to work. When this happens, the immune system can fight off any illness. Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your diet every day. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Next, add some green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, plus a mix of nuts, primarily walnuts. Furthermore, you have to eat yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. When you consume these superfoods on a regular basis, you should get rid of any weight gain problems. You will enjoy great health as you opt to eat the green living way. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits today.