Yuba Ankake Sauce with Rice (Kyoto Obanzai Style). Great recipe for Yuba Ankake Sauce with Rice (Kyoto Obanzai Style). I forgot the name of the restaurant, but I've been hooked on this ever since I had it in a restaurant in Kyoto's Ponto district!! We often eat this at home because it's not only delicious, it's also easy and healthy. -This is so.
These are the otoshi, dishes served as cover charges, and all drawn from the classic repertoire of Kyoto obanzai. There may be okara, soybean lees sautéed with vegetables, to be eaten in moist, savoury clumps. A kinpira of burdock root and carrot, sautéed in just enough soy sauce and sweet rice wine to have you reaching for another sip of beer. You can have Yuba Ankake Sauce with Rice (Kyoto Obanzai Style) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yuba Ankake Sauce with Rice (Kyoto Obanzai Style)
- Prepare 300 ml of Shiro-dashi…A.
- Prepare 240 ml of Water…A.
- You need 7 1/2 ml of Mirin…A.
- You need 7 1/2 ml of Sake…A.
- You need 1 of rounded tablespoon Katakuriko.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh yuba.
- Prepare 1 of Grated ginger.
- You need 1 of Wasabi or Yuzu pepper paste.
- Prepare 1 of Himenegi leeks (extra fine leek, or green onions).
The comforting and familiar aspects of Japanese home-cooking is elevated at obanzai restaurants, where experienced chefs coax out those deep umami flavors the Japanese cuisine is so well-known for. There are 'Kumiage-Yuba,' which Yuba lifted from a pot boiling soy milk, and 'Kyo-Yuba-don' which is a rice bowl topped with Yuba. If you visit Nijo Castle, you should visit here. Obanzai is traditional Kyoto-style home cooking or comfort food that's made with fresh Kyoto-grown vegetables and pickles.
Yuba Ankake Sauce with Rice (Kyoto Obanzai Style) instructions
- Dissolve the katakuriko in an equal amount of water..
- Place the A ingredients into a pot and heat over a medium heat..
- Add the yuba when Step 2 is nearly boiling. When it comes to a full boil, add in Step 1 and stir well. Turn off the heat once it has reached your preferred consistency..
- Add grated ginger to Step 3, and stir again. * Add it in a bit at a time with a ladle so that it spreads out evenly throughout the ankake sauce..
- Serve rice into a bowl, and top with the an sauce from Step 4. Scatter with the Himenegi leeks, add in wasabi or yuzu pepper, and it is done..
- The ankake sauce with a refined shirodashi base goes great with the soft and creamy yuba. It's really nice with a little wasabi or yuzu pepper. (The photo shows wasabi.).
- I recommend this dish for small family gatherings, for everyday lunch, or as a meal after a beer. It is really easy and healthy..
- This ankake sauce with yuba is served with silken tofu. Add the tofu in Step (2). The remaining steps are the same. Please try various arrangements of this recipe..
Because of the emphasis on local ingredients, the dishes served for obanzai vary by season and availability. Mamezen is a restaurant specializing in Kyoto Soy Milk Ramen. The Mamezen Soba is a noodle dish with thick soy milk broth. It's served as a set with Yuba no Ankake-don (rice topped with bean curd skin and starchy sauce) and pickles. Kyoto is on everyone's to-visit list, and for good reason.
Going Green for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods One of the greatest points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to attain this, even in this fast-paced world we are in. We have to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. A lot of folks have the attitude of destryong the body today, and heal it with a pill tomorrow. We’re barraged with ads for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make a number of necessary changes in your life. Once your body wears out, you won’t be able to get a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to look after yourself. Your body cannot work properly if it does not have adequate nutrition. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or just eat the food that tastes good at the time? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? Because people choose to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a lot others, likely triggered by the foods that are eaten. Men and women are becoming more and more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Lots of healthy food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. In this aisle, you’ll see the superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious illnesses. By eating these superfoods, your body will become healthier. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how well you will soon feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to work. As a result, it will allow your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. Be sure to integrate these superfoods into your daily diet. Why not include a few beans or blueberries? Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Throw in whole cereals and nuts. Additionally, you may wish to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat these superfoods, you will never have a weight problem again. Adopting a green living eating plan will provide you with just what you need to be healthy. You will find that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.