Rich and Easy Chestnut Tart with Healthy Tart Crust. Great recipe for Rich and Easy Chestnut Tart with Healthy Tart Crust. Because I received a lot of chestnuts as gift. If you are using candied chestnuts for the paste, you will not need to add any sugar.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool. In the ovenproof frying pan, heat the butter with the brown sugar until melted, then mix in the cooked shallots, chestnuts and balsamic vinegar. In a medium bowl, mix the chestnut spread with rum and heavy whipping cream, then spread on the bottom of the tart pan. You can have Rich and Easy Chestnut Tart with Healthy Tart Crust using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rich and Easy Chestnut Tart with Healthy Tart Crust
- You need of [To make the tart crust:].
- You need 1 of Refer to the recipe for "Easy Tart Crust".
- Prepare 1 of Refer to the recipe for "Tofu Tart Crust".
- You need of [To make the filling:].
- You need 200 grams of Boiled chestnuts.
- It’s 120 ml of Milk.
- It’s 50 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Margarine or butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Brandy or rum.
- It’s 15 of Chestnuts simmered in their innner skins.
Line it with tin foil and weight the bottom with beans, rice (I used quinoa). Score the chestnuts in a cross with a knife. Remove the chestnuts with a towel, and quickly peel the warm chestnuts. The tart went very well with the menu and was utterly delicious.
Rich and Easy Chestnut Tart with Healthy Tart Crust instructions
- [Prepare the tart crust:] I used the "Easy Tart Crust" recipe. The recipe for this original tart crust has been posted. If you are using another tart crust, refer to that recipe..
- Let the tart crust sit for more than 30 minutes at room temperature. If you will not be using it for a while, let it sit in the refrigerator..
- [Preparing the chestnut paste:] Boil the chestnuts and peel off the skin. Put them in a food processor, add the milk and sugar, then make it into a paste..
- The chestnut paste should be soft enough that it cannot be picked up in one clump. If the paste appears too hard, adjust the consistency by adding milk..
- In a bowl, combine the egg and melted butter. Add half of the paste, the sifted cake flour, then the remaining paste, and the brandy or rum in that order, and mix it lightly after each addition..
- Pour the filling into the uncooked tart crust. Arrange the shibukawani (the chestnuts simmered in its inner skin) on top..
- Bake it at 170℃ for about 40 minutes. Sprinkle on powdered sugar to taste..
The crust recipe itself is a keeper (almond pate sablée). Highly recommended to fellow chestnut maniacs. The Best Healthy Tart Crust Recipes on Yummly Tart Crust, Tart Crust, Perfect Tart Crust. Easy Tart Crust Zested Lemon. sugar, milk, flour, olive oil, salt.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One of the best reasons for going green is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to do this, even in this fast-paced world we live in. We have to get back to the point where it was a lot better to prevent disease in the first place. Regrettably, just about people don’t care about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It’s impossible to turn around without hearing about the latest pill to cure you of your health problems. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make some essential changes in your life. As soon as your body wears out, you can’t exchange it for a new one, like your car. You need to learn how to look after your body before it is too late. Proper nutrition is important for your body to function at top levels. Do you eat because food is available and you enjoy the taste or do you opt for foods that are good for you? Do you typically eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that virtually all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. More and more folks are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases due to the foods they ingest. People are becoming increasingly health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food shops. Almost all grocery stores now sell organic foods. This food section is full of what are today acknowledged as superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious maladies. You will observe that you think more clearly when you eat these superfoods. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an astonishing increase in how good you feel. Your body will start to run as it is supposed to when you supply it with the correct nutrition. When this happens, the immune system can fight off any disease. Be sure to integrate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. To start with, beans are excellent, and berries, especially blueberries. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole food grains and nuts. Moreover, you need to include yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. When you consume these superfoods regularly, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. You will enjoy good health when you choose to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body is likely to ward off diseases. Prepare for a healthy future by changing your eating habits now.