Hot German Potato Salad.
You can cook Hot German Potato Salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot German Potato Salad
- You need 12 of medium red potatoes (about 3lbs).
- Prepare 8 of bacon strips…real bacon.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced onions or use chopped onions.
- It’s 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- It’s 2/3 cup of water divided.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of dried parsley flakes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 4 1/2 teaspoons of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Small amount of butter and oil.
Hot German Potato Salad instructions
- In a skillet cook bacon until crisp drain reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside..
- Saute onions in drippings until tender. Stirr in brown sugar, vinegar, half a cup of water, parsley and salt. Simmer uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile combine flour and remaining water until smooth and stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened..
- Pour over potatoes. Add bacon gently stir to coat. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yields 8 to 10 servings..
- In a saucepan boil potatoes until just tender drain. Peel and slice into an ungreased 2 quart baking dish set aside..
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health One great thing about going green is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Despite the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We should get back to the point where it was a better idea to avoid disease in the first place. Most individuals think nothing of not taking care of their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. Everywhere you look, you find out about some magic pill that will immediately fix your latest problem. Of course, some of these pills do help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. When your body ceases to function right, you cannot obtain a brand new one. You must look after your health while you have the ability to do so. Your body cannot function correctly if it fails to get proper nutrition. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or just eat the food that tastes good at the time? Do you usually eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that almost all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. The things we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. People are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food shops. These days, you can find an organic food section in almost all grocery stores. This food section is filled with what are now known as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to retard some diseases, or even overturn them. By ingesting these foods, your body will more fit. You will start to feel a whole lotso much better when you opt to consume the superfoods instead of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will allow it to work well. When this happens, your immune system will easily ward off diseases. See to it that you add these superfoods into your daily eating routine. To start, beans are very good, and berries, especially blueberries. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole grains, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Furthermore, you may wish to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you consume these superfoods every day, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. You will enjoy good health as you decide to eat the green living way. Your body will become disease free as you build up your immune system. You can anticipate a healthy future by altering your food choices now.