Salmon Sushi Cake for Halloween. Great recipe for Salmon Sushi Cake for Halloween. This was a gift for my niece. I was trying to think of something to make for Halloween that doesn't use kabocha and came up with this sushi "cake" made to look like a Jack-O'-Lantern.
Put ½ of sushi rice on top of it and flatten it. Place nori sheets on top of the rice. You may think a sushi cake is difficult to make, but actually, it is even easier than making real sushi! You can have Salmon Sushi Cake for Halloween using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon Sushi Cake for Halloween
- Prepare 360 ml of For the sushi rice:.
- It’s 100 grams of Smoked salmon slices.
- You need 10 of leaves Shiso leaves.
- You need 1 of sheet Nori seaweed.
- Prepare 1 of egg Thin omelet.
Buy the classic ingredients, like salmon, cucumber, sushi rice, and sushi nori, and use a round cake pan to layer everything. Pack cooled, cooked seasoned sushi rice all around the avocado in the shape of a brain, leaving an indentation along the center. Prep the Salmon Thinly slice (or separate slices of) smoked salmon. No canned tuna – no sushi cake – this is how it starts here 😉 but you can get so creative with the layers and the fillings ;-).
Salmon Sushi Cake for Halloween step by step
- Make sushi rice using sugar, salt, konbucha (salted kelp powder) and vinegar, or use ready-made sushi vinegar or sushi powder mix..
- Make a thin omelet and let cool. Remove stems of shiso leaves. Cut face parts out of nori seaweed and keep the scraps since they will be used for the filling..
- Line a cake tin with plastic wrap. Arrange the smoked salmon on the bottom of the pan, overlapping the slices. Put 5 of the shiso leaves on top of the salmon. Spread half of the sushi rice on top of the shiso leaves..
- Make another layer with the remaining shiso leaves and the thin omelet. Tear the leftover nori seaweed into pieces and sprinkle it on top. Spread the remaining sushi rice on top as the final layer..
- Cover with plastic wrap and press firmly with the bottom of a glass or with your hand. Cover with a plate and carefully invert..
- Remove the layer of plastic wrap and make the face cut out of nori seaweed..
- Cut it in slices, like a cake. The omelet didn't stick to the rice very well, so it might be good to spread a bit of mayonnaise on it in Step 4 to help it hold together..
- Since it is a kind of sushi, you could serve it with soy sauce, but since the salmon is already salty, you won't need much..
Season half the rice with sushi vinegar, and the other half with umesu (plum vinegar) and a pinch of shiso powder, to make it a nice pink color. Alternately, you can mix it with furikake (Japanese markets sell a wide range of these rice seasoning sprinkles) or sakura denbu (a pink fishy rice seasoning). Serve with "Ashes of Vampire" aka soy sauce! October is my favourite time of the year, mainly for Halloween related reasons. Sushi Cake is not typical Japanese food you find at Japanese restaurants at all.
Living Greener for Good Health By Eating Superfoods One of the best reasons for going green is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to do this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We must take a step back and fight diseases before they come about. Most men and women think nothing of abusing their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. Everywhere you look, you hear about some magic pill that will immediately fix your latest problem. Naturally, a number of these pills do help but only if you couple them with lifestyle changes. Unlike the car buying process, you can’t exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You should look after yourself while you are able to. Your body cannot work correctly if it fails to get adequate nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are eating is beneficial for you? How often do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or buy junk food at the local mini mart? Consuming sugar and starches, and also fatty foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are being discovered all of the time? A growing number of folks are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases as a result of the foods they consume. People are becoming more and more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Lots of healthy food can now be found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Almost all grocery stores these days carry organic foods. There you will be able to get what science has called superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to delay or reverse particular diseases. Ingesting these foods will help your mental health. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how good you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will help it to function optimally. This in turn will help your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. Your daily diet should contain at least a few of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are a few other superfoods to add. See to it that you consume proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat these superfoods, you will never have a weight problem again. Adopting a green living eating plan will give you precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. You will find that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fight against disease. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.