Simple Simmered Daikon Radish & Pork Belly. The daikon radish, simmered with juicy chicken and a touch of citrus yuzu sauce, tastes sweet, light, and refreshing. This dish is not only easy to make but also pack with many health benefits. If you are not able to get daikon or yuzu, I'll show you the perfect substitute to enjoy this dish.
It's made of daikon radish that has been peeled and sliced, and then simmered a savory dashi broth for an hour. The daikon pieces get so tender and soak up all the dashi flavor. It's an incredibly flavorful dish, and yet so unassuming looking. You can cook Simple Simmered Daikon Radish & Pork Belly using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Simmered Daikon Radish & Pork Belly
- Prepare 120 grams of Thinly sliced pork belly.
- It’s 600 grams of Daikon radish.
- Prepare 300 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dashi stock granules.
- Prepare 1 dash of Sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ●Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ●Sake.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of ●Mirin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ●Sugar.
In a medium pot, add the daikon slices with dashi stock, sugar, and soy sauce and sake (reserve the mirin for later use). Skim any foam and impurities from the surface. In this dish thick rounds of daikon radish are simmered in water with a piece of kombu seaweed until tender then served with a miso sauce and garnished with yuzu zest. Daikon Radish is so sweet and juicy when in season.
Simple Simmered Daikon Radish & Pork Belly step by step
- Peel the daikon radish and cut into 1.5 cm thick semi-circles. Add them to a heat-resistant container along with some water, wrap with cling film, and heat for 6 minutes in the microwave..
- Cut the pork belly into 3 cm wide pieces. If you're making this recipe using dashi soup stock please refer to https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143313-basic-dashi-stock-for-the-first-pressing.
- Add the daikon radish to a hot frying pan and stir-fry until the excess water has evaporated off. Add in the sesame oil and stir-fry the daikon radish until it browns..
- Add in some more oil around the edge of the daikon radish chunks and stir-fry the pork belly. Once the pork has started to change colour, add the dashi stock granules and the ● ingredients..
- Boil the mixture over strong heat. Once boiled, turn down to low-medium, cover with an aluminium foil lid and simmer for 20-25 minutes..
- Once most of the simmering liquid has evaporated, turn the heat up to strong and glaze the daikon radish and pork belly with the sauce..
- Please refer tofor further instructions on how to parboil the daikon radish. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143402-parboil-daikon-in-the-microwave.
I often cook this dish, sometimes with fish or beef, but Daikon itself is very nice. Many Australians don't cook radishes, but they are so beautiful when simmered, stewed or even stir-fried. Mix ingredients under simmering sauce and place into a medium size pot. Add in the buri pieces, and on top the daikon radish pieces. This Simmered Chicken with Daikon Radish is a truly simple, nourishing chicken dish and is quintessential Japanese comfort food.
Living Greener for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods One terrific feature of green living is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We have to go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. A lot of folks think nothing of not taking care of their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. Wherever you look, you hear about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old unhealthy habits. When your body ceases to function properly, you can’t get a healthy body. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to take goood care of your health. Proper nutrition is important for your body to run at best levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what goes into your mouth is healthy for you? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food joints? Eating sugar and starches, and also greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? The food products we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. People are becoming more and more concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food stores. Nowadays, you can find an organic food area in nearly all grocery stores. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to slow down certain diseases, or even reverse them. Eating these superfoods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how good you will soon feel. Your body will start to work as it was meant to when you give it the correct nutrition. As a result, it will help your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. Your daily diet need to have at least some of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are some other superfoods to add. Furthermore, you need to have yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your problems with gaining weight. Green living equips you with a great diet plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fend off disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by altering your food choices right now.