Ondeh-ondeh (purple sweet potatoes). Ondeh Ondeh is one of the traditional kuih in Malaysia (kuih is term for Malaysian cakes, pastries if you will). They are either made from sweet potato or. Using both purple and orange potatoes make for a more colourful look too.
Made with sweet potatoes and glutinous rice flour rolled in coconut with a little surprise on the inside. This time I am bringing Ondeh-Ondeh, a Nyonya (Straits Chinese) tea time favorite, to the round-up. These delightful furry balls are a joy to eat as they. You can have Ondeh-ondeh (purple sweet potatoes) using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ondeh-ondeh (purple sweet potatoes)
- It’s 200 g of purple sweet potato.
- Prepare 60 g of glutinous rice flour.
- You need 40 g of topioca flour.
- You need 100 g of gula melaka.
- Prepare 150 g of grated coconut.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 8 tbsp of warm water.
Onde-onde (Ondeh-ondeh) recipe – These cute little pastries are infused with pandan (screwpine leaf) juice and filled with "Gula Melaka" or palm sugar and They are either made from sweet potato or glutinous rice flour. The cute little onde-onde-also spelled as ondeh-obdeh-are infused with pandan. Ondeh Ondeh, is a favourite childhood dessert to many people all around. Melted Gula Melaka wrapped in the middle of chewy glutinous rice balls Steam until soft in the center and mash the sweet potatoes separately.
Ondeh-ondeh (purple sweet potatoes) step by step
- Pour water at 1/4 level in a large pot..
- Steam 200g of purple sweet potato until it's soft. Let it cool so that you can handle them without hurting your fingers. Then cut it in half. Scoop out most of purple sweet potato flesh and put it into a large bowl..
- Give 150g of grated coconut and 1/2 teaspoon of salt a good shake..
- Meanwhile place the coconut in a small pot under the same large pot. Steam the coconut for around 5 minutes to prevent it from turning sour..
- Crush 100g of gula melaka and set aside..
- Mix the mashed purple sweet potatoes, 60g of glutinous rice flour and 40g of tapioca flour together. Knead it well. Add 8 tablespoons of warm water each at a time to smoothen the dough. Until you can feel that the texture is smooth and the dough no longer sticks to your fingers. Cover the dough and set aside for about 15 minutes..
- When the dough is ready, you start 1/2 boiling water of the large pot. Make the balls. Flatten each ball. The gula melaka is stuffed into each center of the balls. Be gentle when you pinch the edges of the balls to secure the filling. Roll the balls again..
- Don't leave the rolled balls to stand as the gula melaka filling will ooze out. Put the balls into the pot of boiling water and give them a few stirs during cooking..
- Once the balls float to the surface, remove them with a slotted spoon and shake off the excess water. Roll the balls in the steamed grated coconut. Serve and finish ondeh-ondeh on the same day..
Ondeh Ondeh is one of the traditional kuih in Malaysia (kuih is term for Malaysian cakes, pastries if you will). They are either made from sweet potato or glutinous rice flour. Find this Pin and more on ice cream, desserts by reina yip. This purple potato salad is both tasty and eye catching, with electric pink radishes and bright green onions. Ondeh-Ondeh (glutinous rice ball with palm sugar).
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green And Be Healthy Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that most folks appreciate. This is achievable regardless of how busy and frenzied your life is. We have to get back to where it was a lot better to prevent disease in the first place. A lot of people think nothing of abusing their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. Everywhere you look, you hear about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old bad habits. Unlike purchasing a new car, you won’t be able to trade in your worn out body for a new one. You need to learn how to take care of your body the soonest you can. Your body requires sufficient amounts of nutrients to run at its optimum levels. Do you eat because food is available and you savor the taste or do you opt for foods that are good for you? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food joint or purchase junk food at the local convenience store? Eating sugar and starches, and greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The food products we are consuming cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. People are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food markets. Virtually all grocery stores these days have organic foods. This section is filled with what are now acknowledged as superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious health conditions. You will see that you think more clearly when you start to ingest these foods. You will begin to feel a lot better when you opt to consume the superfoods in place of junk food. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to work. When this happens, it will help your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. See to it that you integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. First off, beans are great, and berries, especially blueberries. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole grains, and oats, plus a variety of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Additionally, you may want to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Following a green living eating plan will give you exactly what you need to be healthy. Your immune system will be better, and your body can be free of disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.