Comforting Simmered Daikon Radish, Carrot and Aburaage. Great recipe for Comforting Simmered Daikon Radish, Carrot and Aburaage. This is an easy, delicious and mild simmered dish. When you julienne daikon radish and carrots with a slicer, they tend to become very limp when cooked.
Simmered Kiriboshi Daikon, cooked to perfection in a broth of dashi, soy sauce and mirin, is a traditional Japanese dish made from daikon (radish) and abura-age (fried tofu). It is a dynamic side dish for a variety of Japanese meals – served at room temperature, warm, or chilled. Place Daikon in a large saucepan, add Water just enough to cover, and add Dashi Powder. You can have Comforting Simmered Daikon Radish, Carrot and Aburaage using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Comforting Simmered Daikon Radish, Carrot and Aburaage
- It’s 1/2 of Daikon radish.
- It’s 1/2 of Carrot.
- You need 1/2 of Aburaage.
- It’s 80 grams of Pork (sliced or coarsely chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sake.
You can use your home-made dashi stock for this. Add Sake (Rice Wine) and Sugar, place 'Abura-age' pieces on top, and bring to the boil. Daikon Radish is so sweet and juicy when in season. I often cook this dish, sometimes with fish or beef, but Daikon itself is very nice.
Comforting Simmered Daikon Radish, Carrot and Aburaage instructions
- Slice the daikon radish diagonally into 5 mm then julienne to 5 mm. The texture is better with this thickness..
- Julienne the sliced carrot to 3 mm..
- Cut the aburaage into half, then into 5 mm strips..
- Cut the pork into 5 mm ~1 cm strips..
- Heat oil in a pan, stir fry the daikon radish and carrot over medium heat..
- When they are softened, add aburaage and pork and stir fry further..
- Add the A seasonings, cover with a lid and turn down the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes and it's done. Some moisture will come out of the daikon radish and it will be nice and tender..
- It tastes better if you leave it to cool down for a while and the flavors will be absorbed into the ingredients. I made this bowl as well..
- After you peel the daikon radish, you can shred it with a slicer like this Watch your fingers!.
- Same for the carrot. If you can choose the thickness with your slicer, shred it on the fine side..
- They will be very soft but just as tasty, like sliced dried daikon. Cutting and cooking like this is much faster..
Many Australians don't cook radishes, but they are so beautiful when simmered, stewed or even stir-fried. This crispy refrigerated pickle combination with daikon and carrots is best known as an addition to banh mi sandwiches. Add cucumber and onions, if desired. This crispy refrigerated pickle combination with daikon and carrots is best known as an addition to banh mi sandwiches. Add cucumber and onions, if desired.
Going Green for Greater Health By Eating Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of green living that most individuals appreciate. This is possible no matter how busy and frenzied your life is. We must take a step back and fight diseases before they happen. Too many folks have the attitude of destryong the body today, and fix it with a pill tomorrow. No matter where you look, you find out about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old bad habits. When your body wears out, you won’t be able to exchange it for a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take care of yourself. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at best levels. Do you eat because something is available and you love what they taste or do you opt for nutritious foods? How often do you eat at your local fast food place or get junk food at the local mini mart? Consuming sugar and starches, and fatty foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? The things we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. Men and women are becoming increasingly conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Many healthy food are now being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most likely, your local grocery store today has an organic food section. There you will be able to see what science has called superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been found to slow down or reverse particular illnesses. You will discover that you think more clearly when you consume these superfoods. You will start to feel a lot better when you decide to consume the superfoods instead of junk food. By getting the right nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to run. When this happens, it will help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. Your daily diet must have at least some of these super foods. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole grains, and oats, along with a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. Make sure you consume proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t have to worry about gaining weight again. Following a green living eating plan will give you just what you need to be healthy. Your immune system will be better, and your body is likely to become disease free. You can look forward to a healthy future by changing your food choices now.