Holiday Ham – Slow Cooker.
You can cook Holiday Ham – Slow Cooker using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Holiday Ham – Slow Cooker
- It’s 8-10 lb. of spiral cut ham, bone in.
- It’s 1-2 cups of brown sugar (depending how sweet you'd like it).
- It’s 1 can (20 oz.) of pineapple rings packed in 100% juice, undrained.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey (could also use pure maple syrup instead).
- Prepare of maraschino cherries (optional).
Holiday Ham – Slow Cooker instructions
- Lightly grease the slow cooker (6 quart or larger). Place the ham in it and rub the brown sugar all over the ham..
- Drizzle the honey and the pineapple juice over the ham, then arrange the pineapple slices atop it…use toothpicks to hold them in place..
- If using the cherries, use toothpicks to hold them in place arranged around the pineapple slices. Drizzle a couple of tablespoons of the cherry juice atop the ham..
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Baste the ham with the juices in the pot every hour or so..
- Once ready, remove the toothpicks, pineapple and cherries. Place the ham on a cutting board and allow it to rest for 15 minutes, then slice and serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
Going Green for Good Health By Eating Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that a lot of individuals appreciate. It is possible to attain this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We need to take a step back and fight diseases before they happen. Regrettably, just about people don’t trouble themselves about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It isn’t possible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the current pill to treat your health problems. Of course, several of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. When your body wears out, you cannot get a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take goood care of yourself. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to work at optimum levels. Do you eat because something is available and you love the taste or do you opt for nutritional foods? Do you usually eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food restaurants? Since people opt to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. The things we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. Men and women are becoming increasingly health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Nowadays it is so easy to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most likely, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food aisle. In the organic food section, you’ll find superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to retard or reverse certain diseases. You will see that you think more clearly when you begin to eat these foods. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice a surprising increase in how good you feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to function. As a result, your immune system will easily fight off diseases. See to it that you add these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Why not add some beans or blueberries? Then, try to add some veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Add in whole food grains and nuts. In addition, you may want to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your problems with gaining weight. Green living gives you a great diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system gets healthier. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits right now.