Potato Wedges. These potato wedges are even better than french fries. The potato wedges work in perfect harmony if they are consumed after dipping into mayonnaise. Potato wedges are always a favorite for kids and grown-ups alike; they're easy to make and great for barbecues and parties.
Their thick skins and super-starchy flesh guarantee wedges with a crisp outside and fluffy insides once baked. Potato wedges — (or simply wedges) are a variation of the ubiquitous french fry. As its name suggests, they are large, often unpeeled wedge shaped chunks of potato that are either baked or. You can have Potato Wedges using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Wedges
- You need of powder mix.
- You need 6 of Medium Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 5 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of sage powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of for frying.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare of Dip.
- You need 5 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 5 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 slice of squeezed lemon wedge.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of tabasco sauce.
- You need of salt.
- You need of egg wash.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
Cutting potato wedges is far easier than cutting fries! Potato wedges are a part of American cuisine. This dish basically consists of potatoes cut into a moon shape and then baked or fried. It is a basic food that requires few ingredients to prepare.
Potato Wedges step by step
- Wash potatoes with sponge to get rid of dirt. Do not peel. Slice in to wedges..
- Prepare the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly altogether in a shallow bowl..
- Put egg in to a bowl add the water and beat lightly..
- Set up your station. Arrange the bowls in order to avoid mess in your kitchen. From right to left. Potatoes, egg wash, powder mix, extra bowl for coated potatoes. Use your right hand to dip the potatoes in eggwash first then put in the powder mix bowl. Using your left hand, coat or dust the potatoes and place it into the empty bowl. Set aside..
- Let's make the dip! Chop the garlic. In a small bowl or container, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, garlic, lemon and tabasco. Season with salt..
- Heat oil in a deep pan. To know if your oil is ready, dip a wooden spoon, the oil should bubble around the stick, If it does then you are ready to fry..
- When the oil is ready. Deep fry the coated potatoes until golden brown. Remove cooked potatoes from oil, place in a strainer to drain excess oil.Serve while hot and enjoy!.
Potato wedges are the ultimate easy side dish – just slam them in the oven and forget about them until hunger strikes. Potato Wedges – Fried & Baked Potato Wedges. This recipe post details the method of. Bake crispy potato wedges for a satisfying snack or side. Serve these simple potato wedges with soured cream to dip into as a snack, or enjoy as a side dish alongside chilli con carne, burgers or.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One great feature of green living is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is doable no matter how busy and frenzied your life is. We have to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. A lot of individuals have the attitude of destryong the body today, and mend it with a pill tomorrow. You can’t turn around without hearing about the current pill to treat your health problems. Of course, some of these pills do help but only if you couple them with lifestyle changes. Unlike the car buying process, you won’t be able to trade in your exhausted body for a new one. You must learn how to take care of your body before it is too late. Your body cannot work properly if it fails to get adequate nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what goes into your mouth is healthy for you? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or buy junk food at the local mini mart? Since most people choose to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, likely induced by the foods that are consumed. People are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Many healthy food can now be found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nearly all grocery stores these days have organic foods. This section has what are today acknowledged as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to delay a number of diseases, or even reverse them. You will find that you think more clearly when you eat these superfoods. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how healthy you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will enable it to work optimally. As a result, the immune system is better able to fight off any illness. Your daily diet should contain at least a few of these super foods. To start with, beans are great, and berries, particularly blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole cereals are a few other essentials. Furthermore, you may wish to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t have to worry about your weight again. Following a green living diet plan will offer you precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can ward off diseases. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.