Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker.
You can cook Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker
- You need of Black Bean Soup:.
- You need 2 cans (15 oz.) of each unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 of large bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno, diced (seeds removed for less heat).
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- You need 1 cup of salsa (whatever kind).
- You need 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each dried oregano, smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of ground coriander, pepper.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lime.
- Prepare of Rice:.
- You need 3/4 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of unsalted vegetable broth.
Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker step by step
- Place the rinsed and drained black beans, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, broth and all seasonings into a greased slow cooker. Place the lid on and set to low heat for 5-6 hours..
- Once your soup is ready, switch to the warm setting. In a medium pot, heat 1 1/4 cup of broth over med-high heat. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the rice and place a lid on the pot. Lower the heat down to low and cook for 12-15 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender. Let it sit with the lid on for a few minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper and fluff it with a fork..
- While the rice is cooking, ladle about half the soup into a blender. Puree it until smooth. Be sure to leave some space uncovered on the blender lid to give the steam room to escape..
- Stir both the pureed soup and the rice back into the slow cooker along with the juice from half a lime. Taste to see if it needs any additional seasoning. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good and enjoy!.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Terrific Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One of the strongest points of adopting a green lifestyle is to slow down and enjoy life. This is possible no matter how busy and hectic your life is. We need to take a step back and fix diseases before they happen. A lot of people have the attitude of destryong the body today, and heal it with a pill the next day. It’s impossible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the current pill to treat your health problems. Of course, several of these pills do help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Once your body wears out, you won’t be able to get a new one, like your car. You have to learn how to take care of your body the soonest you can. Your body cannot function correctly if it fails to get the right nutrition. Do you eat because food is available and you love the taste or do you decided to eat foods that are good for you? How often do you eat at your local fast food place or buy junk food at the local convenience store? Eating sugar and starches, as well as greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are being discovered all of the time? More and more people are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases because of the foods they consume. Many people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Lots of healthy food can now be found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Virtually all grocery stores these days carry organic foods. This aisl is filled with what are today known as superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious diseases. You will discover that you think more clearly when you start to eat these superfoods. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe an astonishing increase in how healthy you feel. Your body will begin to work as it was meant to when you supply it with the proper nutrition. As a result, your immune system will easily fend off health conditions. You have to include a number of superfoods in your diet daily. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Add in whole food grains and nuts. Also, you may wish to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Observing a green living meal plan will offer you precisely what you need to be healthy. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fight against disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.