You can cook Beet Salad using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beet Salad
- It’s 8-10 cups of organic mixed greens of your choice.
- You need 4 of medium beets, washed.
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil, for roasting beets.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 of large carrots, shaved into ribbons or grated.
- It’s 1/2 cup of crumbled goat's milk cheese.
- It’s 1/3 cup of pecans, chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green onion, chopped.
- You need of Vinaigrette Ingredients.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare of Juice of 2 fresh oranges.
- It’s To taste of salt & pepper.
Beet Salad instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. While oven is preheating, line a small baking dish with parchment paper..
- Wash beets and cut off stems (no need to peel at this point). Place them in the parchment lined baking dish and toss in 2 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Keeping the peel on during roasting helps prevent them from bleeding and making a big mess..
- Roast beets for 45-50 min. Remove from oven, let cool in the dish for 5-10 min. They'll still be warm, but you'll be able to handle them without burning yourself..
- While waiting for beets to cool, measure the greens into a large bowl..
- Grate or slice carrots into ribbons using your vegetable peeler, chop green onions, and measure out goat cheese, pecans, and dried cranberries..
- Remove skin from beets with a vegetable peeler, and chop beets into bite sized chunks..
- Sprinkle carrots over salad greens, add chopped beets, goat cheese, pecans, green onions, and dried cranberries. Set aside while you prepare the vinaigrette..
- To a medium mason jar, add the honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and the juice of 2 oranges. Add a pinch or two of salt and pepper..
- Close the jar lid tightly and shake ink all ingredients are combined. The mustard in the dressing not only adds flavour, but acts as an emulsifier to keep the oil and vinegar from separating..
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over salad to your taste, gently toss, and serve..
- This salad is best served immediately, but you can prep the ingredients the day before and assemble when ready to serve..
Going Green for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that most individuals appreciate. This is achievable regardless of how filled and frenzied your life is. We need to get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Alas, majority of people don’t trouble themselves about their health since they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. No matter where you look, you read about some magic pill that will immediately fix your latest problem. There are some pills that help, but only if you make a number of needed alterations in your life. When your body ceases to function right, you can’t get yourself a brand new body. You need to take care of yourself while you can do so. Proper nutrition is important for your body to function at best levels. Do you eat because something is available and you like the taste or do you choose foods that are good for you? Do you typically eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food restaurants? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that almost all people consume, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and several others, possibly induced by the foods that are eaten. Many people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Now it is so easy to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Today, you can find an organic food aisle in just about all grocery stores. In this section of the store, you’ll find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to delay a number of diseases, or even reverse them. Ingesting these superfoods will help your mental health. You will start to feel a lot better when you choose to consume the superfoods in place of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to function well. By doing this, your immune system will easily fight off health conditions. Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your diet. Why not include several beans or blueberries? Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, along with a mix of nuts, mainly walnuts. Also, you may wish to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your weight problems. You will enjoy great health when you choose to eat the green living way. Your body will be free of disease as you build up your immune system. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits now.