Japanese Style Tofu Hamburger With Grated Daikon Radish Sauce. Make the grated daikon radish sauce Grate the daikon radish. Put the soy sauce, sake, mirin and vinegar into a small pan and bring to a boil. Keep the rest of the grated radish to use as garnish.
Ponzu Sauce and grated Daikon radish is a popular sauce, too. We used ground beef here, but it can be replaced with pork or chicken. Combine the tofu with remaining hamburger ingredients, seasoning well with salt and pepper. You can have Japanese Style Tofu Hamburger With Grated Daikon Radish Sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Style Tofu Hamburger With Grated Daikon Radish Sauce
- It’s 1 block of Firm tofu.
- It’s 1 stalk of Japanese leek.
- It’s 1 piece of Ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- You need 1 pinch of of each Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Shiso leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need of For the grated daikon radish sauce:.
- You need 1/4 of Daikon radish.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 1 tsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mirin.
Heat oil in frying pan with a lid. Add the hamburgers and cook until well browned on one side. When I use grated daikon radish for tofu burgers, I always serve it with ponzu. Ponzu is a very common Japanese condiment contains citrus, vinegar, soy sauce, mirin, and dashi.
Japanese Style Tofu Hamburger With Grated Daikon Radish Sauce step by step
- Drain off the excess water from the tofu first. If you are in a hurry, microwave it. I put it on a sieve a few hours beforehand and wrap it in kitchen paper towels..
- Finely chop the white part of the leek. The green part is not used. Grate the ginger. You can use pre-grated ginger from a tube instead..
- Put the well drained tofu, chopped leek, grated ginger, katakuriko, salt and pepper in a bowl, and knead together very well..
- When it's all mixed together, divide into 6 equal portions. Heat up some sesame oil in a frying pand, and put in the formed patties..
- When one side of the burgers have turned golden brown, turn them over, and put a lid on the pan and steam-fry. They are done when both sides are golden brown and cooked through..
- Make the grated daikon radish sauce Grate the daikon radish. Put the soy sauce, sake, mirin and vinegar into a small pan and bring to a boil..
- When the sauce has come to a boil turn off the heat, and add 2/3 rds of the grated radish. Keep the rest of the grated radish to use as garnish..
- Place the tofu burgers on plates, and put on a shiso leaf on if you like. Pour the grated daikon radish sauce over, and garnish with the reserved grated radish..
- Finished. Please pour the sauce over just before serving. In the summer, it's delicious chilled..
It looks like soy sauce but it sour and flavorful. Ponzu can be made at home but it's more common to buy bottled ponzu on the market. Hamburger Steak with Daikon Oroshi Recipe Japanese Hamburger Steak (aka Hamburg or Hambagu) is one of the most popular western style foods in Japan. People of all ages just love the juicy steak made of ground beef (and/or pork) mixed with onion, egg, and bread (or panko.) Place the tofu in a bowl and whisk it to break it apart and make it into a paste. Add the panko to the bowl and mix with the tofu.
Going Green for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of green living that numerous individuals appreciate. It is possible to do this, even in this hectic world we are in. We must get back to the point where it was a better idea to avoid disease in the first place. Numerous folks have the attitude of destryong the body today, and heal it with a pill later on. You can’t turn around without hearing about the newest pill to treat your health problems. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old bad habits. Unlike purchasing a new car, you cannot exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take care of your body. Your body cannot run correctly if it fails to have the right nutrition. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or simply eat the food that tastes good at the time? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that most people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and a lot others, probably induced by the foods that are consumed. People are becoming more and more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Today it is a lot easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most grocery stores now carry organic foods. In this aisle, you’ll see the superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been found to retard or reverse some diseases. By eating these superfoods, your body will become healthier. You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to ingest the superfoods rather than junk food. By getting the right nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to run. When this happens, it will help your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. You have to have a number of superfoods in your diet daily. Why not add some beans or blueberries? Next, try adding some green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Throw in whole cereals and nuts. Furthermore, you may want to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Eating from this list of foods, you will never have to worry about your weight again. Green living provides you with a great diet plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. You will find that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to ward off disease. Prepare for a healthy future by changing your eating habits today.