Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
You can have Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- You need 6 of bacon strips.
- You need 1/2 of sausage (of any kind, but I like Hillshire Farm beef sausage).
- Prepare 1 of medium white onion.
- You need 4 of carrots.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks.
- It’s 3 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 quart of half and half (up to 1 quart).
- You need 2 of green onions.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 of fresh cracked black pepper.
Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup step by step
- Prep: Cut the raw bacon into one inch strips. Slice the sausage into 1/4 inch rounds. Peel the carrots and finely dice them, the white onions, and the celery. Peel and dice the potatoes into roughly one inch square chunks. Finely slice the green onions. If your cheddar is a block, shred it..
- Put a soup pot on the stove over medium heat and let it warm up empty for a few minutes..
- Meanwhile, prepare a plate with a couple of paper towels laid over it, and have a couple more paper towels handy..
- Drop the bacon chunks into the soup pot. Watch out for the sizzle-pop. Stir these regularly to keep them from sticking. Cook them past done, almost to the point of burning. Turn heat down to medium low and pull the pot completely off the heat. Remove the bacon, ideally with tongs, and place it on the toweled plate. Cover with the other paper towels and carefully press down – WITHOUT BURNING YOURSELF – to soak out the grease. However, retain all of the bacon grease in the soup pot. The bacon itself can be set aside. You won't need it again until serving time..
- Put the pot back on the medium-low stove. Add 1/4 cup of the flour. Mix it into the grease to form a roux. Add as much of the rest of the flour as you need to make the roux thick. Depending on how much grease the bacon put off, you may need more or less flour..
- Add the celery, onions, and carrots to the roux. Mix well, raise the heat back to medium, and cook 3-5 minutes until the veggie juices start to release. Stir the little bit of liquids into the roux. Don't let the roux burn. Decrease heat if need be..
- When the roux is thick and bready, reduce heat to medium low and stir about half a cup of the half and half into the roux. This makes things quite doughy. Add the potatoes and sausage, then cover them with the rest of the half and half (and milk if you want to thin the broth some). Add salt and pepper, stir..
- Slowly bring the heat up to a boil, then reduce again to a simmer. Cover it and let it cook for 10-15 minutes. Stir and unstick the pot a few times throughout..
- When you can cut straight through the potatoes easily with a wooden spoon, it's done..
- Crush the crispy bacon you made earlier into tiny bits. Serve the soup in a bowl with cheddar cheese, green onion slices, and the bacon bits as garnish..
Living Greener for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that most people appreciate. Despite the fast pace of our modern world, you can accomplish this. We must get back to the point where it was a lot better to avoid disease in the first place. A lot of individuals have the attitude of destroying the body today, and heal it with a pill the next day. We’re bombarded with advertisements for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem right away. There are some pills that help, but only if you make a few necessary modifications in your life. Once your body wears out, you won’t be able to exchange it for a new one, like your car. You should look after your health while you are able to. Your body requires sufficient amounts of nutrients to run at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what goes into your mouth is healthy for you? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? Ingesting sugar and starches, and also greasy foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The foods we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. A lot of people are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food markets. Today, you can find an organic food aisle in just about all grocery stores. In this aisle, you’ll find superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious health conditions. Ingesting these foods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice an astonishing increase in how healthy you feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to run. When this happens, it will enable your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. You must include a number of superfoods in your diet daily. To start with, beans are great, and berries, especially blueberries. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole cereals and nuts. Be sure to consume proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you eat these superfoods daily, you should eliminate any weight gain problems. Green living offers you a good diet plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. You will find that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fight against disease. You can expect to have a healthy future by changing your food choices today.