Pakistani mutton pulao. Mutton Pulao is cooked just like other Pulaos, by simmering up a broth (called yakhni in Urdu/Hindi) using the meat and a variety of aromatic whole spices. Use a stockpot to make the stock. Heat oil in the pan and fry diced onions till brown.
It was different from my grandmother's Pakistani mutton version but comforting just the same. Mutton pulao is a quiet dish that dutifully appeared on my grandmother's table during Eid. Strain the yakhni only leaving the mutton in it. You can cook Pakistani mutton pulao using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pakistani mutton pulao
- It’s For of cooking rice :-.
- You need 1 kg of basmati rice.
- Prepare as required of 2cinnamon sticks, cloves 6-8,1 green chilli,2 black cardamoms.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Salt.
- You need as required of Water accordingly as rice brand & cooking timings may vary.
- You need FOR of the stock :-.
- Prepare 1 kg of mutton with bones.
- You need 3 of medium sized onions.
- It’s 3-4 of Fresh garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 piece of ginger.
- You need as per taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 5-6 tablespoons of Oil for cooking.
- Prepare For of pulao masala:-.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 of Cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 4-5 of black cardamoms.
- Prepare 10 of cloves.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds (dhaniya).
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare For of garnishing:-.
- Prepare As required of Coriander (hara dhaniya) (kothmir).
There are many versions of pulao and one such variant is the mutton yakhni pulao which involves cooking goat meat (known as mutton in the Indian subcontinent) with Basmati rice in an aromatic stock seasoned with spices. In fact, yakhni is the Urdu / Hindi term for stock or broth. How to make Pakistani and Indian style yakhni pulao? Although the most famous variety of mutton pulao in Pakistan is the Punjabi yakhni pulao, which is slightly more spicy than the average pulao.
Pakistani mutton pulao step by step
- Let’s start cooking wash & soak basmati rice for about an hour keep it’s ingredients in a plate set aside then prepare pulao masala powder using pulao ingredients mentioned above & boil mutton with 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder salt & ginger garlic paste.
- Chop onions thinly take a nonstick wok add oil now sauté till it’s soften & changes it’s colour further add ginger garlic paste & few cloves sliced sauté for two minutes then add the cinnamon sticks, green chili, cloves, black cardamoms.
- Once it’s slightly golden pop in the mutton mix it well.
- Don’t discard anything the mutton stock will be used for cooking rice with added water accordingly sauté the mutton onions with salt & black pepper powder & pulao masala till the mutton turns to dark brown then pop in the mutton stock & sugar to balance the taste & enhanced flavors of spices..
- Now add more water accordingly to the rice let it boil then add the soaked rice when it boils cover the lid & simmer it for about 10 minutes check with a spoon if the rice is done keep it on low flame for about 3-5 minutes then off the flame burner let it settle for 10 minutes.
- Then garnish it with coriander leaves & enjoy the delicious awesome Pakistani mutton pulao with salad & raita for a complete meal….!.
Another famous pulao in Pakistan is the Afghani pulao, which has loads sweetened carrots and raisins. How to make White Yakhni Mutton Pulao Recipe at Home. A Step by Step Restaurant Style Bakra Eid Recipes by Kitchen With Amna. Lamb Pilau / Pulao – A One-Pot Pakistani Lamb Pilaf Recipe. Lamb Pilau / Pulao has been hugely amiss on this blog since the start.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One good feature of green living is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Even with the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We should return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Unfortunately, just about people don’t concern themselves about their health because they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It’s impossible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the newest pill to cure you of your health problems. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike the car buying process, you won’t be able to exchange your worn out body for a new one. You mustn’t delay or it will be too late to look after your body. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to function at best levels. Do you eat because something is available and you like what they taste or do you opt for foods that are good for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food places? Ingesting sugar and starches, and greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? An increasing number of folks are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases as a result of the foods they consume. People are opting to eat better now that they know how essential food choices are to their health. Nowadays it is so easy to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most probably, your local grocery store today has an organic food area. This section has what are now recognized as superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been proven to slow down or reverse certain diseases. By consuming these foods, your body will become healthier. You will begin to feel a lot better when you decide to ingest the superfoods rather than junk food. Your body will start to function as it was meant to when you give it the proper nutrition. In this case, the immune system will be able to fight off any disease. Your daily diet should include at least a few of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole cereals and nuts. Additionally, you may want to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you will never have a weight problem again. You will enjoy great health as you decide to eat the green living way. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.