Osaka Saturday Night Okonomiyaki (Easy to Make). The phenomenally popular okonomiyaki is often called a "Japanese pancake" but it really isn't a pancake at all. A kind of cabbage fritter, it is considered the soul food of Osaka and it's very easy to make. Okonomiyaki – Food in Osaka JAPAN.
This is Easy and Simple Okonomiyaki Osaka style. Okonomiyaki is a savory pancake that is one of the foods you must try when you are in Japan but they are also relatively easy to make at home. These pancakes might look simple, and they are very simple to make. You can have Osaka Saturday Night Okonomiyaki (Easy to Make) using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Osaka Saturday Night Okonomiyaki (Easy to Make)
- You need 50 grams of Cake flour, or readymade okonomiyaki powder.
- It’s 1 dash of bit Yam potato flour.
- Prepare 1 dash of bit Bonito flake powder.
- Prepare 180 grams of Cabbage (shredded).
- Prepare 1 dash of bit Beni shouga red pickled ginger (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 of however much you like Tempura crumbs.
- It’s 1 of Egg (medium).
- Prepare 2 slice of Thinly sliced pork belly.
- It’s 1 of as much you like Japanese Worcestershire-style Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of as much you like Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of as much you like Aonori.
- You need 1 of as much you like Japanese mustard.
But if you don't make them with the right ingredients, they end up being pretty bland. This recipe is for the Osaka-style version, which can be topped with a variety of ingredients. Perhaps the most common version is Osaka-style okonomiyaki, which is also known as the Kansai-style. Osaka is known for an inexpensive and abundant food culture.
Osaka Saturday Night Okonomiyaki (Easy to Make) step by step
- In a bowl, add the cake flour (or ready to use okonomiyaki powder), yam potato powder, and bonito flake powder..
- Add 50g of water and mix. At this point, the batter will become sticky..
- Julienned cabbage will help add air to the batter and make fluffy okonomiyaki. It's best to have lots of cabbage..
- Add the batter from step 2, tempura crumbs, red pickled ginger to the cabbage and mix together. You might think there isn't enough batter at this point but we will add an egg later, so it's fine..
- Once the ingredients are well incorporated, crack an egg and mix..
- It should look something like this..
- Oil a pan and turn the heat to high to cook the okonomiyaki..
- Add thinly sliced pork belly on top..
- Once the surface starts to brown, flip it over before it burns..
- Cook the pork belly side over high heat and once it starts starts to brown, lower the heat and cover with a lid to steam..
- Flip the okonomiyaki over again once it has cooked all the way through. The grease from the pork fat works as extra oil to the pan..
- Once it's all done, smear Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce, mayonnaise, aonori dried powdered seaweed, and bonito flake powder on top. You can also add mustard if you like..
Okonomiyaki is a type of Japanese savory pancake filled with cabbage and a topping of your choice. Okonomiyaki is thus a very personal meal, which you can really make your own and often even have a go at cooking yourself. Making Japan's legendary pancake at home is easier than you might think. How to satisfy your okonomiyaki craving in less than an hour. Osaka-style okonomiyaki mixes the ingredients in a batter for quick cooking.
Going Green for Greater Health By Eating Superfoods One of the best reasons for green living is to slow down and enjoy life. This is attainable no matter how busy and hectic your life is. We should get back to where it was a better idea to avoid disease in the first place. A lot of individuals have the attitude of ruining the body today, and fix it with a pill later on. It isn’t possible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the current pill to treat your health problems. Naturally, several of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Once your body wears out, you can’t trade it in for a new one, like your car. You need to look after your health while you have the ability to do so. Your body has to have proper nutrients to run at its best levels. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or just eat the food that tastes good at the time? Do you usually eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food restaurants? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that virtually all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. A growing number of people are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases due to the foods they consume. People are choosing to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food stores. Nowadays, you can find an organic food section in almost all grocery stores. There you will be able to see what science has called superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious health conditions. Eating these foods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how good you will soon feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to function. As a result, it will enable your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. Your daily diet should contain at least some of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Throw in whole cereals and nuts. Furthermore, you may wish to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By eating these superfoods daily, you should get rid of any weight problems. Green living provides you with a great diet plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can be free of disease. You can expect to have a healthy future by changing your food choices right now.