Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pittsburgh Steak Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pittsburgh Steak Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is complete, most people do not wish to go to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some basic ways to get healthful.
Be smart when you do your grocery shopping. When you make informed and wise purchases at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier immediately. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a chaotic grocery store or sit in a lengthy line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to go to your house and make something from your kitchen. Make sure that what you have at home is nutritious. By doing this, even when you determine that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about losing weight. You want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pittsburgh steak salad recipe. You can cook pittsburgh steak salad using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pittsburgh Steak Salad:
- Prepare 10 oz of New York Strip or Ribeye Steak.
- Get 2 cup of Mixed Salad Greens.
- Prepare 1/2 of Sliced Cucumber.
- Use 1 of Sliced Tomato.
- Use 1 of portion Hot Cooked French Fries.
Instructions to make Pittsburgh Steak Salad:
- Cook french fries according to package directions, or, if you're a fancy pants, make them homemade..
- Allow steak to come to room temperature. Drizzle with olive oil and your favorite steak seasoning (I use Cavender's Greek Seasoning).
- Get your pan super hot. This will ensure that you get a good sear on your steak..
- Cook steak to your desired doneness. I prefer mid rare, which was about 5 minutes per side. This, of course, depends on the cut and thickness. For more help on testing your steaks, check out bbqtvtv.com's profile for the nifty hand chart..
- Very important: Once your steak has cooked, remove it to a plate or cutting board, cover with a foil tent, and let it rest for at least ten minutes. This will allow the juices to redistribute so that you have mouthwatering steak..
- Assemble greens on plate, and add other veggies. Feel free to make any additions, after all, it's your salad..
- Arrange sliced steak on top of greens, and then top the whole darn thing with a pile of fresh, hot, crispy fries!.
- Serve with your favorite dressing. For the true experience, make it ranch..
- Again, feel free to add any other salad toppings; onions, cheese, sunflower seeds, peppers, bacon bits..
On a large dinner plate, make a nice pile of greens and arrange the rest of the veggies on and around the plate. Then top the steak with the cheese and finish off with the HOT fries! Serve the dressing on the side and enjoy. Pittsburgh is generally known for putting fries on top of their sandwiches (think Primanti Brother's), but they take it one step further by putting it on top of their salads; which honestly is one of the best ideas ever! The salads are usually made with iceberg lettuce, chicken or steak, onions, cheese, and ranch dressing.
If you find this Pittsburgh Steak Salad recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.