Slow Cooker Jambalaya.
You can have Slow Cooker Jambalaya using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of fresh thyme.
- You need 12 oz of diced some boneless chicken breast.
- You need 2 tbsp of veggie oil.
- It’s 2 medium of chopped onions.
- Prepare 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks.
- You need 2/3 cup of smoked ham.
- It’s 1 cup of chorizo sausage.
- Prepare 14 oz of canned chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 lb of frozen cooked shrimp.
- It’s 3 cup of cooked rice.
- You need 2 oz of tomato paste.
- You need 2/3 cup of chives for garnish.
- You need 1 cup of sweet corn.
Slow Cooker Jambalaya instructions
- Combine all ingredients, except rice in slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 3 hours. If using raw shrimp add to slow cooker with 30 min remaining..
- Cook rice separately..
- Mix rice and slow cooker in a large bowl. Keep separate if you are storing the jambalaya..
- Portion mixture and garnish with chives..
Living Greener for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods One of the best points of green living is to slow down and enjoy life. This is attainable regardless of how filled and hectic your life is. We have to get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Most people think nothing of abusing their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. You can’t turn around without seeing advertisements about the newest pill to cure you of your health problems. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make a couple of needed modifications in your life. When your body wears out, you cannot get a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of your health. Your body needs proper nutrients to function at its most effective levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is good for you? Do you typically eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food restaurants? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that most people consume, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. The food products we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. People are choosing to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Healthy food is now being sold at local grocery and health food markets. Almost all grocery stores nowadays have organic foods. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious health conditions. By consuming these foods, your body will more fit. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice an amazing increase in how good you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will allow it to work optimally. When this happens, the immune system will be able to fight off any disease. You should have a few superfoods in your diet each day. Why not add some beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, mainly walnuts. Furthermore, you need to eat yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will eliminate your weight gain problems. Green living gives you a great diet plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. You will find that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fend off disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.