Scalloped potatoes. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Scalloped potatoes are the ultimate side dish. Try this quick and easy version made in minutes in Follow these tips for making tender, creamy scalloped potatoes and rich potatoes au gratin, plus.
Try these scalloped potatoes and get more recipe ideas and dinner inspiration from Food.com. Here's a great scalloped potato recipe that's so easy and absolutely delicious. Scalloped potatoes are a classic, indulgent side dish. You can cook Scalloped potatoes using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scalloped potatoes
- It’s 8 slice of medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 " thick.
- It’s 1 medium of white onion peeled and sliced (1/4") then quarter the slices.
- You need 6 tbsp of salted butter, cut into tbls slices, then quartered.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of self rising flour divided.
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp of salt (this is really to your taste).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ground black pepper (or to taste).
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar (or your fav cheese)OPTIONAL.
- It’s 4 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 of non-stick spray.
- It’s quart of water.
Thinly sliced potatoes are layered with a creamy sauce, then baked til golden brown. It's rich, cheesy, and super flavorful. Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream. Scalloped potatoes are thinly sliced potatoes cooked in a creamy sauce.
Scalloped potatoes instructions
- Wash, peel, sliced potatoes. Place in water, until ready to use. Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Prepare onions, measure flour, salt, pepper, butter, milk, and cheese, if using..
- Spray a 9"x9"x2" oven safe dish with non stick spray. Place single layer of potatoes then 1/3 of the onion, 1/3 flour,1/3 butter. Sprinkle with 1/3 salt and pepper. Repeat layers twice..
- Add 4 cups milk..
- Bake, covered (lid or foil) in preheated oven at 400F, 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375, cook another 30-45 minutes until potatoes are tender and sauce thickens. Remove lid or foil when about 15 minutes left to cook, to allow top brown a bit..
- Cool a bit. Serve..
- This makes 6-8 servings. Great for lunch the next day..
Typically speaking, potatoes cooked in a cheese sauce are referred to as "au gratin" potatoes, but many recipes for. These amazing scalloped potatoes recipes are must-try dishes this fall. With plenty of potatoes, cheese, and seasonings, we dare you to not fall in love with at least one scalloped potatoes recipe. Scalloped Potatoes. featured in Steak Dinner For Two. Scalloped potatoes, as a rule, are saucy and cheesy to the max.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Superb Way To Go Green For Better Health One of the strongest points of going green is to slow down and revel in life. This is achievable regardless of how busy and frenzied your life is. We need to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Too many people have the attitude of destroying the body today, and fix it with a pill later on. Wherever you look, you hear about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. Definitely, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old unhealthy habits. Once your body wears out, you can’t exchange it for a new one, like your car. You must learn how to look after it the soonest you can. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at best levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are eating is good for you? Do you usually eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food places? Consuming sugar and starches, and fatty foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a lot others, probably caused by the foods that are ingested. Many people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more health conscious. Today it is much easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Today, you can find an organic food area in just about all grocery stores. In this aisle, you’ll find superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been found to delay or reverse certain diseases. You will observe that you think more clearly when you begin to eat these superfoods. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how healthy you will soon feel. Your body will start to work as it was meant to when you supply it with the right nutrition. When this happens, it will enable your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. You must have some superfoods in your diet each day. To start, beans are great, and berries, particularly blueberries. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole cereals, and oats, together with an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. Furthermore, you need to consume yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your weight problems. Green living equips you with a healthy diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can become disease free. Prepare for an awesome future by modifying your eating habits today.