Apullian onion pie (Calzone di Cipolla). Try this wonderful Italian recipe for Calzone di Cipolla (Onion Calzone) from one of our cooking vacations in Italy. This calzone is unlike any you've had before, and you can try it yourself on an authentic culinary tour to Puglia. Since onions are the 'star of the show', the choice of onion will strongly affect the end result.
We make this on Frridays during Lent sometimes, when you are noy allowed to eat meat. The Apulian version of the famous onion calzone. Mangiarlo leggermente raffreddato, possibilmente ad occhi chiusi per il. You can have Apullian onion pie (Calzone di Cipolla) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apullian onion pie (Calzone di Cipolla)
- You need 250 g of flour.
- It’s 250 g of semolina flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of instant yeast.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1.5 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 200 ml of lukewarm water.
- You need 150 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare of Onion filling.
- Prepare 4 of big white onions.
- You need 5 of anchovies filets.
- You need 100 g of sliced olives (green or black).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of raisins (optional).
- It’s 50 g of grated Pecorino.
How to make a delicious Apulian onion calzone! Sauté anchovies and onions until soft and cooked with a hint of brown color. Add tomatoes put on the side. Roll dough out and spread in pan.
Apullian onion pie (Calzone di Cipolla) step by step
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Wait to rise. (5 min).
- Mix flours, salt, oil and yeast mixture and kneed until soft smooth dough forms. Divide in two pieces and leave in warm place to rise..
- Slice onions in thin strips across. Heat some olive oil in frying pan. Fry onions on high until excess liquid evaporates and onions start to brown, than reduce heat and cook on low for about 20-30min, turn occasionally to prevent burning, but don’t overdo it, because it will become mushy. Cook until soft and caramelized. Add some black pepper. No salt needed, because olives, anchovies and pecorino is quite salty. But you can adjust to your taste..
- Cool slightly. Add sliced olives, chopped anchovies, raisins and pecorino cheese. Set aside. Fill is ready..
- Place one piece of rolled dough in very good greased form. Add onion mixture and cover with second half of rolled dough. Pinch edges together. Let it rise for half an hour (or overnight). Pour more olive oil on top and pierce with fork in few places. You can sprinkle some coarse salt on top as well..
- Preheat oven to 395 F. Bake for about 30 min until caramel coloured on top and bottom. Enjoy!.
Put onion mixture on top and cover with dough. Join my Page and Discover the Italy Forgot password? click here. Home » Onion Calzone (calzone Di Cipolla). Calzone di cipolle pugliese – ricetta tipica pugliese Il calzone di cipolle pugliese o calzone di cipolla alla barese è una torta rustica tipica pugliese, preparata con pasta di pane e un ripieno buonissimo.
Going Green for Greater Health By Eating Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that most folks appreciate. It is possible to attain this, even in this busy world we are living in. We should get back to the point where it was better to prevent disease in the first place. Alas, almost all people don’t care about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Wherever you look, you find out about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. Of course, some of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Unlike purchasing a new car, you cannot exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You mustn’t postpone it or it will be too late to look after yourself. Your body cannot work properly if it fails to have proper nutrition. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or only eat whatever tastes good at the time? How often do you eat at your local fast food place or buy junk food at the local mini mart? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that most people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. More and more individuals are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases as a result of the foods they ingest. A lot of people are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Many good food can now be found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most probably, your local grocery store now has an organic food section. This section is full of what are now recognized as superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious maladies. Eating these foods will . You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you decide to consume the superfoods instead of junk food. Your body will begin to work as it was meant to when you give it the right nutrition. In this case, the immune system can fight off any malady. Your daily diet have to have at least some of these super foods. Why not add some beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are a couple of other essentials. In addition, you need to include yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your weight problems. Observing a green living meal plan will provide you with just what you need for good health. You will discover that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fend off disease. You can expect to have a healthy future by changing your food choices now.