Aubergine pie by Niki. Great recipe for Aubergine pie by Niki. A pie with a special taste, it surprises even those who are no fans of aubergines. Recipe by dcroula A quick and easy recipe for tasty juicy tuna patties that your family will love.
Drain and leave to steam-dry, then mash and stir through the remaining harissa. Spoon the aubergine filling into a large baking dish, scatter over half the feta and spoon over the potatoes. Scatter the remaining feta over the pie. You can cook Aubergine pie by Niki using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aubergine pie by Niki
- It’s 6 sheets of country style filo dough.
- It’s 4 of aubergines.
- It’s 1 cup of olive oil.
- You need 2 of onions cut into slices.
- It’s 1 tsp of boukovo (hot paprika flakes).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of finely chopped tomato.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of spearmint.
- You need 200 g of strained yoghurt.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of yellow cheeses (regato, graviera, pecorino, edam or gouda).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of fresh milk.
- It’s of pepper.
- It’s of salt (with moderation, due to the cheeses).
- You need of For the batter.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 5 tbsp of oil.
- It’s of water as much as it takes.
Prepare the aubergine as per the instructions in the above post, including lining the pie moulds with the aubergine. Then add the mince meat, bay leaf and oregano. Fry until the meat is browned throughout. Brush pie with egg wash and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
Aubergine pie by Niki step by step
- Cut the aubergines in half (lengthwise) and spread them on the greaseproof paper, cut side facing down..
- Bake for 40 minutes until tender, then set them aside for 10 minutes to cool..
- Peel the aubergines and mash the flesh using a fork..
- Sauté the onions until tender in 1/2 cup oil..
- Add the aubergines, the pepper and stir in the tomato..
- Leave for 3-4 minutes then remove from heat..
- Add salt, spearmint, boukovo and let it cool and absorb its liquids..
- Mix the yoghurt, the milk and the cheeses into a bowl..
- Mix all the ingredients together and the filling of the pie is ready..
- Make a batter with flour, oil and water..
- Brush a large oblong baking tray with oil and line it with the 3 filo sheets. Brush the first two with the batter..
- Pour the filling on top, cover with the rest of the filo sheets that you also brush with the batter..
- Score the pie and pour the remaining batter on top..
- Bake at 180°C for one hour (using both the radiant elements and the fan)..
Aubergine and mushroom pie A healthy aubergine and mushroom pie recipe – stuffed with caramelised aubergine, garlic mushrooms and halloumi cheese, wrapped in nutritious, whole grain spelt pastry. Great for a summer picnic or packed lunch. Naturally sweetened truffles that taste like the inside of pecan pie! Vegan Green Bean + Bacon Bundles. A simple but elegant side dish made with savory roasted green beans, crisp vegan bacon, and a touch of sweet cranberry sauce..
Living Greener for Greater Health By Eating Superfoods One great thing about going green is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to attain this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We should take a step back and fight diseases before they develop. Numerous folks have the attitude of ruining the body today, and mend it with a pill the next day. Everywhere you look, you find out about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. There are some pills that help, but only if you make some essential alterations in your life. Once your body wears out, you cannot exchange it for a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to take care of your health. Your body cannot function properly if it doesn’t have the right nutrition. Do you eat because something is available and you like what they taste or do you decided to eat healthy foods? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food joints? Ingesting sugar and starches, as well as oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The food products we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. Men and women are becoming more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Healthy food is now being sold at local grocery and health food stores. Virtually all grocery stores now sell organic foods. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious maladies. By consuming these superfoods, your body will more fit. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to run. When this happens, the immune system is better able to fight off any disease. Your daily diet need to have at least a few of these super foods. First off, beans are very good, and berries, particularly blueberries. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, plus an assortment of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Also, you have to have yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t have a weight problem again. Green living provides you with a solid diet plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fight against disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by altering your food choices today.