Cheesy Ham and Potato soup.
You can have Cheesy Ham and Potato soup using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Ham and Potato soup
- You need 1/2 lb of bacon.
- It’s 3 each of potatoes diced.
- You need 1 small of onion diced.
- You need 1 large of carrot diced.
- It’s 1 each of celery rib diced.
- It’s 4 tbsp of bacon grease.
- You need 4 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of ham diced(or more).
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
Cheesy Ham and Potato soup instructions
- Cook bacon in a large frying pan. Crumble and set aside. Save bacon grease..
- While the bacon is cooking: in a 5 qt dutch oven, or similar size soup or stock pot, cover diced potatoes with water and boil till desired tenderness(about 15 mins). Save 1 and 1/2 cups of water from the cooked potatoes and drain..
- After bacon is cooked, remove bacon from pan. Keep 4 tbls(I just kept all the grease in the pan from cooking the half pound of bacon) bacon grease in frying pan and add onion, celery, carrot and cook for about 10 minutes or until onions are translucent..
- Transfer cooked veggies and bacon grease to the empty soup pot that the potatoes were in..
- Add the 4 tbls flour to the veggies and stir to dissolve flour completely. Cook about 3 mins. (You may want to add a little more flour or bacon grease depending on consistency, but 4 n 4 works well).
- Slowly add the saved water from the potatoes to the pot while stirring to combine. The mixture should be quite thick..
- Add the chicken broth, ham, salt, pepper, cooked potatoes and crumbled bacon and return to simmer. Stir well to combine the liquids..
- Slowly (about a handful at a time) add cheese, let melt a little then stir in. Repeat untill all cheese added and melted..
- Add heavy cream and stir to combine..
- Return to simmer and cook 5 to 20 mins..
- Enjoy! Top with what you like. (Cheese, bacon, green onions, croutons, etc) Or enjoy as is. I like some cheese garlic croutons on mine..
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Great Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that numerous individuals appreciate. This is possible regardless of how busy and frantic your life is. We have to take a step back and fix diseases before they happen. A lot of people have the attitude of destryong the body today, and mend it with a pill later on. We’re barraged with ads for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. Once your body wears out, you can’t get a new one, like your car. You have to look after yourself while you can do so. Your body has to have the right nutrients to function at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is healthy for you? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Since most people decide to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. More and more folks are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases as a result of the foods they ingest. People are opting to eat better now that they know how essential food choices are to their health. Nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food shops. Almost all grocery stores these days have organic foods. In this section of the store, you’ll see the superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious illnesses. By ingesting these foods, your body will become healthier. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an amazing increase in how healthy you feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to run. When this happens, the immune system is better able to fight off any illness. Be sure to integrate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Why not include a few beans or blueberries? Then, try adding some green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole grains, and oats, together with an assortment of nuts, mainly walnuts. Moreover, you may want to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you consume these superfoods daily, you should eliminate any weight gain problems. Green living offers you a great eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be better, and your body can potentially become disease free. Prepare for an awesome future by changing your eating habits now.