Cabbage wrapped meatballs. In a Dutch oven, cook cabbage in boiling water just until leaves fall off head. Cut out stork of cabbage, cutting out big circle at the bottom going small towards the inside. Bring large pot of water to the boil.
Cover and simmer over low heat. Meanwhile, combine the egg, onion, chili powder, vinegar, pickle, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. You can cook Cabbage wrapped meatballs using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage wrapped meatballs
- It’s 5 of large cabbage leaves.
- Prepare 1 of small egg.
- Prepare 30 ml of milk.
- You need 70 g of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 100 g of streaky bacon chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice cooked.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- It’s 1 of small onion chopped.
- You need 1 of small green pepper chopped.
- You need 300 g of ground beef.
- You need 300 g of ground pork.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 0.5 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bbq spice.
- You need 1 tbsp of soya sauce.
- It’s 1 can of cream of tomato soup.
If stuffed cabbage and spaghetti with meatballs had a baby, it would be cabbage with meatballs. Stuffed cabbage, also know as cabbage rolls, is a delicious, classic Eastern European dish, but it takes nearly all day to make. Cabbage Roll Meatballs Traditional cabbage rolls are labor intensive and take up a fair amount of the day between the preparation of the filling, parboiling the cabbage, preparing the leaves for stuffing, and then finally slow roasting them in the oven. Cut up cabbage and place on top of patties.
Cabbage wrapped meatballs step by step
- Preheat oven to 190°C..
- Pre boil water in a large pot. Add the cabbage leaves and cook for 6 minutes. Strain and set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the egg, milk and breadcrumbs..
- Now add the rest of the ingredients (excluding the cabbage and tomato soup), only add a quarter of the tomato soup and mix well..
- Divide the mixture into five equal parts. Make long meatballs..
- Pour a quarter of the tomato soup into a greased oven dish..
- Place 1 meatball on a cabbage leaf. Fold in sides then roll up completely to enclose the meat (like a burrito). Place in the oven dish. Do the same with the rest of the meatballs..
- Cook for 1 hour in preheated oven. Serve it with a little of the sauce poured over..
Pour tomato sauce over onions, cabbage and meatballs. Add just enough water to almost cover cabbage. When cabbage is almost done, remove lid and let sauce reduce. Wash the outer leaves of the cabbage, taking care no to damage them. Plunge the leaves into boiling water to soften slightly.
Living Greener for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that numerous folks appreciate. This is possible no matter how filled and frenzied your life is. We need to take a step back and fight diseases before they come about. Most men and women think nothing of abusing their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. We’re bombarded with ads for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem right away. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old bad habits. Once your body wears out, you won’t be able to get a new one, like your car. You must learn how to take care of it before it is too late. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to run at best levels. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or merely eat whatever tastes good at the time? Do you typically eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and greasy food that almost all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a lot others, probably caused by the foods that are eaten. People are becoming increasingly health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. A lot of nutritious food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most likely, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. In the organic food section, you’ll see the superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious maladies. You will find that you think more clearly when you begin to consume these superfoods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how good you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will help it to function well. By doing this, your immune system will easily fight off illnesses. Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your diet. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, along with a variety of nuts, primarily walnuts. Moreover, you may want to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will get rid of your weight gain problems. Green living offers you a good diet plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. You can anticipate a healthy future by changing your food choices now.