Melonpan. A melonpan (メロンパン, meronpan) (also known as melon pan, melon bun or melon bread) is a type of sweet bun from Japan, that is also popular in Taiwan and China. They are made from an enriched dough covered in a thin layer of crisp cookie dough. Their appearance resembles a melon, such as a rock melon (cantaloupe).
Now why is it called " melon "? Melonpan are Japanese sweet buns covered with a thin layer of cookie dough. They take many steps to make but freshly-baked Melonpan are scrumptious! You can have Melonpan using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Melonpan
- It’s of Bread Dough.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of nonfat dried milk powerder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of instant yeast.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of cold water.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter, room temp.
- Prepare of Cookie Dough.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of unsalted butter, room temp.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 large of egg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
The melon pan or melonpan (メロンパン), also called meron pan, is a round sweet bun covered with a thin layer of crisp biscuit. It is easily recognizable thanks to its cross-shaped pattern on its upper surface that are reminiscent of the appearance of cantaloupe melon. Melon-Pan Melon-pan is another popular traditional Japanese snack bread. A typical melon-pan is made of a bread dough covered with a thin layer of a cookie dough.
- To make the bread dough, whisk together the flour, powdered milk, yeast and salt. Beat the egg and cold water together until well blended. Add to the flour mixture in the bowl..
- Using the dough hook, mix at low speed until a rough dough forms. Increase the speed and mix at medium speed for about 4 minutes. The dough should have a rather stiff consistency..
- Decrease the speed to low and slowly add the sugar. Mix until the sugar is fully incorporated. The dough should soften a little at this point. Increase the speed to medium and knead for about 10 minutes, or until the dough becomes supple and elastic..
- Again decrease the speed to low and add the softened butter. Knead until mixed in, 2-3 minutes. Increase the speed to medium and contine kneading for about 5-6 min.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly-oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let sit at room temp until doubled, about 1 hour..
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet or line with parchment paper. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently deflate. Divide the dough evenly into 8 pieces. Keeping the unused pieces covered, round each piece into a ball. Transfer onto prepared baking sheet. Cover the dough loosely with lightly oiled plastic wrap and let sit at room temp until doubled, about 1 hour..
- While waiting on the bread dough, start the cookie dough. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In the bowl of the mixer, use paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy for about 2 minutes. Scrape side of bowl as needed. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined..
- Add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture, mixing at low speed just until combined. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate while waiting for the bread dough to finish rising..
- Preheat overn to 350°F.
- Unwrap the cookie dough and divide it into 8 even pieces. Roll each into a ball, keeping unused pieces covered. Using as little flour as possible, roll each ball into a flat roud, about 3 1/2 inches in diameter..
- With a sharp paring knife score each round with a crosshatch pattern. Drape each piece of cookie dough over the risen bread dough, being careful not to deflate them. The cookie dough should encase the top and side..
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minute or until barely golden on top. Tranfer to wire and cool..
- This recipie was copied from: http://www.abreadaday.com/?p=1503 Needed a good way to view this on my tablet while cooking =).
The name comes from the melon like appearance, such as a cantaloupe. Melon Pan is a Japanese sweet bread with a thin cookie crust on top. They use a small Zojirushi bread machine, so I have always made the dough in the bread machine. Loved the dog in the video! The latest tweets from @MeidocafeR Melonpan's revelation of his company, Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS), shocked many, but the story goes on.
Going Green for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods One good feature of adopting a green lifestyle is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is possible regardless of how busy and hectic your life is. We need to take a step back and prevent diseases before they develop. Alas, almost all people don’t trouble themselves about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. You can’t turn around without being bombarded by ads about the latest pill to cure you of your health problems. Of course, some of these pills do help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. When your body quites functioning properly, you cannot get a healthy one. You must learn how to take care of your health before it is too late. Your body cannot work properly if it does not receive the right nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what goes into your mouth is healthy for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food places? Because people opt to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a lot others, perhaps triggered by the foods that are consumed. Many people are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food shops. Most likely, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. This food section is filled with what are now acknowledged as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to slow down some diseases, or even overturn them. Eating these foods will . You will start to feel a lot better when you choose to eat the superfoods in place of junk food. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to function. When this happens, it will help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. You need to have some superfoods in your diet everyday. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole food grains, and oats, plus a mix of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Additionally, you need to consume yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t have a weight problem again. Following a green living eating plan will provide you with exactly what you need to be healthy. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system improves. You can expect to have a healthy future by altering your food